Servings: 4 servings
- 500 grams Mutton
- 2 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 stick Cinnamon / Pattai
- 4 piece Cardamom / Yelakai
- 1 leaf Pandan leaf
- 2 large Onion large sliced
- 4 Green Chillies
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- 1 tbsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 2 large Tomato chopped finely
- to taste Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi
- 10 Cashews
- 3 tbsp Melon Seeds
- 1 cup Thick Coconut Milk
- 3 tbsp Coriander Leaves chopped finely
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
Cook mutton in a pressure cooker. Cook for 5 to 8 whistle.
Grind cashews, melon seeds to a smooth puree.
Heat oil in a pan. Add in cinnamon, cardamom and bay leaf. Let it sizzle.
Add in onions, chilies and cook till light golden.
Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
Add in salt, turmeric powder and mix well.
Add in mutton and melon seed mix and cook till raw smell leaves. Simmer for 10 mins.
Add in coconut milk and mix well.
Add in garam masala powder,coriander leaves and mix well.
- Cook mutton till tender and use that in curry.
- You can cook mutton in pressure cooker for 4 to 5 whistle.
- Add thick coconut milk in the end and don't cook longer, else the coconut milk may split.
- You can add carrots, beans and peas to the stew.
Mutton stew can be served with
STORING & MEAL PREP IDEAS
You can store this curry in fridge for upto 4 to 5 days. Reheat in microwave till hot and serve.
Serving: 1serving | Calories: 448kcal | Carbohydrates: 4g | Protein: 21g | Fat: 38g | Saturated Fat: 19g | Cholesterol: 91mg | Sodium: 225mg | Potassium: 302mg | Fiber: 2g | Sugar: 2g | Vitamin A: 19IU | Vitamin C: 15mg | Calcium: 20mg | Iron: 2mg
FOLLOW ON PINTEREST
FOLLOW ON YOUTUBE
FOLLOW ON FACEBOOK
FOLLOW ON TWITTER