TIPS & TRICKS FOR BEST FRENCH TOAST
- Use thick slices of bread for making french toast.
- Soak the bread in the custard longer than usual, so the bread absorbs all the custard.
- Cook the french toast in very low heat on both sides, else the toast may burn on outside.
- Cooking on low heat will make the centre of the french toast cook and set.
- Baking the cooked french toast in oven will make the french toast cook from inside and gets fluffy.
BEST BREAD FOR MAKING FRENCH TOAST
For French Toast, use Brioche loaf and slice it into thick slices. This bread is so soft and fluffy. Brioche also has a sweet and buttery flavor.
Challah is a braided bread. The dough has lot more eggs than regular bread which gives beautiful yellow colour.
Texas toast is a thick cut bread that soaks up the custard better.
CHEF TIP: USE SLIGHTLY STALE BREAD FOR BEST EVER FRENCH TOAST
You can serve french toast with
- Salted Caramel Sauce
- Strawberry Compote
- Blueberry Compote
STORAGE & MEAL PREP
Cooked French Toast can be stored in fridge for 4 to 5 days. You can store cooked french toast in freezer for upto a month. Warm them in microwave for few seconds.