Homemade Harissa Paste Recipe – Harissa Sauce Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy african chilli paste which goes well with pita bread or chicken. This condiment is super easy to make at home.
Harissa paste is a african condiment which is a chilli based sauce. It has so many spices in them and is usually served with pita bread or other dishes. It is often tossed with chicken and cooked.
Last week one of our family friend visited us, so i decided to make harissa chicken. So i made harissa paste at home. it is sold in shops too but it is very expensive for a small bottle. Making it at home is super easy and cheap.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Dry Red Chillies - 15
- Coriander Seeds / Malli - 2 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1.5 tblsp
- Garlic - 10 cloves
- Roasted Cumin Powder - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Olive Oil - 1/2 cup or more
- Soak dry red chillies in warm water for 15 mins.
- Dry roast fennel and coriander till fragrant.
- Take it in a blender, add chillies, garlic and salt. Grind to a coarse mix.
- Add oil and puree till smooth.
- Store it in a clean dry jar in fridge.
1)Take dry red chillies in a sauce pan and add warm water and leave to soak for 15 mins.
2)Drain them and set aside.
3)Take fennel seeds and coriander seeds in a pan
4)Toast for few mins till fragrant
5)Take it in a blender
6)Add drained chillies
8)Add roasted cumin powder
10)Crush them till coarse
11)Add oil and puree
12)Now it is nice and smooth.