Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Scallion Rolls Recipe - Spring Onion Buns Recipe with step wise pictures.
Soft and aromatic scallion rolls or buns which is super easy to make and taste delicious. This makes a perfect accompaniments for a bowl of soup or salad.
This was on my bucket list for quite sometime, finally i made it few weeks back. I had a bunch of spring onions in the fridge, so used those to make this rolls and it was perfect. I made it in different shapes to show you the possiblities.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Scallion Rolls Recipe - Spring Onion Buns Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Milk - ¾ cup or more
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Spring Onions finely chopped around 1 cup
- Butter - ¼ cup melted
- Egg or milk for brushing on top
- Take yeast in a bowl. Add in warm milk and sugar and let it activate for 5 mins.
- Add in flour and salt and knead to a soft dough.
- Now cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Punch out the air and roll it and divide into equal portion.
- Take a portion and roll it and brush the top with butter and sprinkle spring onions. Shape it as you like.
- Arrange it in a parchment lined baking pan and let it rise for 30 to 45 mins.
- During the last 10 mins of heating, preheat oven to 180 degree C.
- Now brush with a egg wash or milk and pop it in a preheated oven and bake for 12 to 15 mins.
- Remove and brush with more butter.
- Serve warm.
1)Take dry yeast in a bowl.
2)Add in warm milk.
3)Add in sugar and mix well. Set aside till it activates.
4)Add in flour
7)Knead well till the dough is soft and smooth.
8)Just like this.
9)Now cover and let the dough rise for 1 hour.
10)Punch out the air and set the dough aside.
11)Roll out the dough into a roti like
12)Cut out dough like this.
13)Brush some butter for brushing on top.
14)Take a portion
15)Roll it out and brush with butter
16)Sprinkle spring onions on top.
18)Make slashes on top like this.
19)Now take another portion and roll it.
20)Brush top with butter
21)Sprinkle with spring onions
22)Roll the dough
24)Cut it like this.
25)Swirl and roll like this.
26)Now lets make a roll.
27)Roll it like this.
28)Cut it like this.
29)Now the roll it flattened a little.
30)Take 3 portion of dough and roll it lengthwise. Brush with butter
31)Sprinkle top with spring onions.
32)Roll and seal the dough.
33)Slit it in the middle.
34)Bring the top together and seal it.
35)Braid the dough together.
36)Arrange it in a parchment lined baking tray
37)Let the rolls rise for 30 to 45 mins. Brush the top with egg wash or milk.
38)Bake till done.
39)Brush some butter on top.