Raw Banana & Potato Poriyal Recipe (Varuval Recipe) with step wise pictures.
Super easy potato and raw banana poriyal which taste amazing and is so easy to make as well. This is perfect with some rice and any gravy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Raw Banana & Potato Poriyal Recipe (Varuval Recipe)
- Raw Banana - 1 peeled and cubed
- Potato - 2 peeled and cubed
- Onion - 1 cubed
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal / Uludu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli - 2
- Curry Leaves - a handful
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in whole spices and curry leaves. Stir for a min.
- Add in onions and saute well.
- Add in banana and potato. Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Cover and simmer for 10 mins.
- Now the veggies are done.
- Add in chilli powder and garam masala powder. Mix well.
- Cook for 4 to 5 mins.
1)Chop up potato, raw banana and onions
2)Heat oil in a kadai.
3)Add in mustard seeds, urad dal
3)Add in dry red chillies and fennel seeds
4) Add in curry leaves
5)Add in onions
7)Add raw banana and potatoes
8)Add in salt and turmeric powder
10)Cover and cook
11)Now the veggies are done.
12)Stir fry for few mins
13)Add chilli powder
14)Add garam masala powder