Ennai Kathirikai Poriyal Recipe – Brinjal Varuval Recipe with step wise pictures.
Ennai Kathirikai Varuval Recipe. Super easy to make but taste so delicious. This brinjal fry or varuval is one of my all time favorite.
This simple brinjal fry or varuval taste amazing with plain rice and any kuzhambu. It is super easy to make and fast to cook as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Gingelly Oil / Indian Sesame Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu Paruppu - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1/2 tsp
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 1
- Curry leaves - 2 sprig
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Garlic - 5 cloves
- Brinjal - 4 large sliced
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan. Add seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, garlic and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in brinjal and mix well.
- Add salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cook till brinjal is done.
- Add chilli powder and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan
2)Add in mustard seeds, urad dal, dry red chillies and cumin seeds
3)Add in curry leaves
4)Let them sizzle
5)Add in onions and garlic
6)Add in some fennel seeds as well
8)Add brinjal slices
10)Add salt and turmeric powder
12)Cook till brinjal is done
13)Now it is cooked
14)Add in chilli powder
15)Mix well and serve.