Udaitha Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe - Egg Drop Curry Recipe with step wise pictures
Super delicious egg drop curry which taste so delicious with roti, paratha or rice. So easy to make and taste fantastic.
I have already shared a egg drop curry recipe on this blog. This one is another version more like a kuzhambu for rice. I have been getting request to share this recipe for quite a long time. Finally i tried few weeks back and here i am with the recipe.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Udaitha Muttai Kuzhambu Recipe - Egg Drop Curry
- Oil - 1 tblsp+ 1 tblsp
- Onion - 1 medium size + 1 medium size
- Tomato - 1 medium size + 1 medium size
- Fennel Seeds - 2 tsp
- Cinnamon - 1 stick
- Coconut - ½ cup grated
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Eggs - 4 to 5
- Heat 1tblsp oil in a pan,add in fennel seeds, cinnamon, onion and tomato and saute till golden. Add in coconut and mix well. Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil in a pan, add onions, tomatoes, and saute for a min.
- Add in ginger garlic paste, chillies, curry leaves and mix well.
- Add in potatoes and mix well.
- Add in spice powders except pepper and toss well.
- Add in water and cook till potatoes are done.
- Add in masala and mix well. Bring it to a boil.
- Crack eggs in and cover with a lid.
- Simmer for 10 mins.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds, cinnamon, onions and tomatoes
2)Saute till golden
3)Add in coconut
5)Take it in a blender
6)Puree till smooth
7)Now in the same pan, heat oil, add in onion and tomatoes
8)Add in ginger garlic paste and curry leaves
10)Add in potatoes
12)Add salt and spice powders
15)Cover and cook till potatoes are tender
16)Now the potatoes are done
17)Add the ground masala
19)Bring it to a boil. Crack eggs into the curry
20)Crack it at different places here and there
21)Cover and simmer
22)Now it is done
22)Sprinkle some pepper powder
24)Enjoy with rice, roti or paratha.
Hi mam.....just now tried with the recipe and really Came out well. Your blog is been boon for me , whenever I m confused what to do I just refer your recipe and do....will tell you...evrytime whatever I prepare it's been big success....thanks man and keep doing ...