So make this barfi using a single cup and you would be glad you did that.
- Gram Flour / Besan / Kadalai mavu - 1 cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Ghee - 1 cup
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Take a non stick kadai. Add ghee to it and start roasting gram flour in it. Cook them for a couple of mins.
- Grease a tray with ghee and set aside.
- Now add in sugar, milk, carrot, coconut,ghee to this and mix well.
- Turn the heat to a high and let it come to a boil.
- Once it starts to bubble up. Turn the heat to a medium and cook it for 10-15 mins till you see the mixture gets thick and foamy and starts to leave the sides.
- Transfer the mixture to the greased tray and allow it to cool for 30 mins.
- Now cut them into squares and enjoy.
2)I used a 100 ml ramekin as my cup. You can use measurement cups
|Take all your ingredients|
|Grease a plate really well with ghee|
|Take gram flour in a kadai|
|add in ghee|
|keep cooking them|
|stir till you start smell the besan|
|Now add in sugar|
|mix that well|
|add in milk|
|add in coconut|
|mix that evenly|
|now keep on cooking|
|keep cooking this|
|it will get thick|
|you have to keep mixing|
|look now it is turning little frothy|
|this is the right stage|
|now take a little spoon of this|
|keep a bowl with water ready|
|pour that in|
|you will be able to shape a little hard ball|
|this is the right consitency..pour it into the tray and smooth the top|
|let it set for few mins, cut into pieces and serve. top with any nuts if you prefer|