Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Aloo Dal Recipe - Potato Moong Dal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy potato dal which taste super delicious and is very easy to make. This dal taste amazing with rice or roti.
Dal is a very simple and basic recipe but looks very vibrant..I made this for my daughter and it turned out really good and delicious. I have been sharing so many dal recipes lately and i thought even though this is simple it will be a great addition to my list.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Aloo Dal Recipe - Potato Moong Dal Recipe
- Yellow Moong Dal - ½ cup
- Potatoes - 1 large peeled and cubed
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped
- Tomato - 1 large chopped
- Green Chillies - 2 slit
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Ghee or Oil - 2 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves - a sprig
- Take dal, potatoes, tomato, onion and chillies in a pressure cooker. Cook for 1 whistle. Let the steam go by itself.
- Open and add salt and turmeric and bring it to a boil.
- Heat ghee in a pan, add cumin and curry leaves and let it sizzle.
- Pour the seasoning into the dal and mx well.
1)Take moong dal in a pressure cooker.
3)Add in sliced onions
4)Add in potatoes
5)Add in tomatoes
6)Add in green chillies
7)Cook till dal is done
8)Add in salt and turmeric powder
9)Add more water
10)Cook till raw smell leaves
11)Simmer for few mins and take it off the heat
12)Heat oil or ghee in a pan
13)Add in cumin seeds
14)Add curry leaves
15)Add seasoning in
16)Mix well and serve.