Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Makkan Peda Recipe - Arkot Makkan Peda Recipe - How to Make Makkan Peda with step wise pictures.
Super delicious makkan peda recipe which can be made easily at home, it takes less than 30 mins to make and taste so yummy.
This recipe is super duper hit in my house. It is very easy to make and taste absolutely fantastic. Normally they use khoya to make this recipe but since it is hard to find in some place, i modified the recipe using milk powder. I used everyday milk powder and it worked just wonderful.
It tasted similar to gulab jamun but it a little dense in texture. But i enjoyed this more than jamun.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Makkan Peda Recipe - Arkot Makkan Peda Recipe - How to Make Makkan Peda
- Milk Powder - 1.5 cup i used everyday
- Milk - ½ cup
- Unsalted Butter - 4 tblsp
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ½ tsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1.5 cup or as needed
- Curd /Yogurt - 1 tblsp
- Chopped Mixed Nuts - ½ cup
- Kishmish / Sultanas - as needed
- Sugar - 3 cups
- Water - 3 cups
- Cardamom Powder - 1 tsp
- Saffron a good pinch
- First on one side of the stove make syrup. Take sugar, water in a big pan. Bring it to a boil. Boil till sticky stage is reached. Add cardamom and saffron and mix well. Cover and set aside somewhere warm.
- Now make the dough, take milk and butter in a sauce pan, heat till butter is melted. Take it off the heat and bring it to warm temp.
- Take milk powder in a bowl, add butter and milk mix and whisk well.
- Now add in curd and baking soda and mix well.
- Add in flour and knead till soft.
- Now take a small portion of dough, place some nuts in the middle, cover it and roll it into a smooth ball. Flatten it like a peda.
- Heat oil for deep frying, drop peda in oil and fry on medium to low heat for 2 to 3mins. Keep flipping and fry till golden.
- Drain the peda and drop in the warm syrup. Let the peda soak for 1 hour.
1) First on one side of the stove make sugar syrup, take sugar in a pan
3)Bring it to a boil
4)Cook till it gets sticky consistency
5)Now it almost there
6)Add cardamom powder
7)Add saffron, take it off the heat and keep warm.
8)Now lets make the dough, take milk and butter in a pan
9)Melt it till butter melts. Set aside till it comes to warm temp.
10)Now in a bowl, take milk powder.
11)Add the melted butter and milk mix
13)Now add in curd
14)Add little baking soda / cooking soda
16)Now add in flour
17)Mix to a soft dough
18)Chop your nuts and raisans
19)Take a small portion of the dough
20)Roll it and flatten it
21)Place some nuts inside, place raisans inside too.
23)Roll it into a smooth ball
24)Make sure your flatten it
25)Heat oil for deep frying, drop the peda in and fry on medium low heat for 2 to 3 mins
26)keep flipping, fry on low to medium heat
27)Now it is nice and golden
28)Take your warm cardamom and saffron infused sugar syrup
29)Add the hot pedas in the warm syrup. If your syrup is not hot, you can heat it again before adding the pedas
30)Let the pedas soak for atleast 1 hour before serving
31)As they soak they will expand in size
32)Serve with some syrup in a bowl, topped with some nuts.