Khara Khaja Recipe – Fried Maida Snack Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super crispy and easy khaja recipe to make. Perfect with a cup of coffee or tea. You can make this and store it in a container and enjoy whenever you need.
This is one of the easiest snack you could ever make. It taste so crispy and you can enjoy it with a cup of chai or for this diwali. Super easy to make, just needs a handful of ingredients.
I used all purpose flour to make this khaja. The key to get the perfect crispiness without making it dark is to roll it super thin.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Carom Seeds / Ajwain / Omam - ½ tsp
- Ghee / Butter / Oil - 2 tblsp
- Warm water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Take flour, salt, carom seeds in a bowl. Mix well.
- Add in butter or ghee and rub it well into the flour.
- Add in warm water and knead to as stiff dough.
- Take a portion of dough, roll it as thin as possible.
- Cut out mini circle. Prick all over with fork.
- Deep fry in hot oil for few seconds on each side. Dont let it brown.
- Drain and cool it down.
1)Take all purpose flour in a bowl
2)Add in some ajwain seeds. You can skip this too
3)Add in salt
5)Add in ghee, butter or oil
6)Rub it into the flour
7)Add water slowly
8)Knead to a stiff dough
9)Take a portion of the dough
10)Roll it thinly
11)Use a lid to cut out mini circles
13)Remove the excess dough and roll again.
14)Prick the top with fork.
16)Drop in hot oil.
17)Fry for few seconds on each side
18)Dont let it go brown. It has to white in colour.