Maida Thattai Recipe - Maida Kara Thattai Recipe with step wise pictures.
Maida Kara Thattai is a super crunchy snack which you can make in under 30 mins. So easy to make and goes great with a cup of tea.
This is one of the easiest snack you could ever make. It taste so crispy and you can enjoy it with a cup of chai or for this diwali. Super easy to make, just needs a handful of ingredients.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Maida Thattai Recipe - Maida Kara Thattai Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 cup
- Chana Dal / Kadalai Paruppu - 1 tblsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper Powder - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Oil - 1 tblsp + deep frying
- Take flour and all ingredients in a bowl except oil for deep frying.
- Add 1 tblsp oil and rub it into the flour.
- Add water and knead to a dough.
- Divide it into small balls. Flatten it, prick it all over fork.
- Deep fry till golden and bubbles subsides.
- Drain it and cool it down.
- Store it in a air tight container.
1)Take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl
2)Add in chana dal
3)Add in salt
4)Add in chilli powder , roasted cumin powder
5)Add in black pepper powder
6)Add it in
8)Add in some oil
9)Rub the oil into the flour
10)Add water and knead well.
11)Divide it into small balls
12)Take a ball and flatten it
13)Prick the top with fork.
14)Fry till golden
15)Fry on medium heat till the bubbles subsides
16) Drain it
17)Once cooled store it in a air tight container.