Whole Wheat Beetroot pasta which is seasoned with cajun seasoning. This pasta is super easy to make and is filled with nutritious.
Beetroot pasta is a wholesome nutritious dish which taste so delicious and is filling. Addition of beetroots makes it more healthy and colourful.
You can use cooked beetroots in this for the lovely colour and nutrition.
Check out mac and cheese recipe
Beetroot Pasta is
- Easy to make
- pocket friendly
- takes very less time
I used cajun seasoning for this pasta dish. I bought it from amazon. But you can make it your own.
My homemade Cajun seasoning recipe
- chilli powder
- garlic powder
- ground black pepper
- onion powder
- dried oregano
- dried thyme
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Whole Wheat Beetroot Pasta | Beetroot Pasta
- Whole Wheat Pasta - 1 cup
- Tomato - 2 chopped
- Beetroots - 1 peeled chopped and boiled
- Garlic - 5
- Olive Oil - 3 tblsp
- Dried Basil - 1 tsp
- Dried Oregano - 1 tsp
- Cajun Seasoning - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Boil pasta in salted boiling water till cooked. Drain and set aside.
- Take tomatoes, beetroots, garlic in a blender and puree.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in dried basil and oregano.
- Add in the pureed mix and cook for 4 to 5 mins.
- Add in cajun seasoning and salt. Mix well.
- Add little water and mix well.
- Add in cooked pasta and mix well.
- Add chopped basil and mix well.
- Serve hot.
2)Instead of cajun seasoning, you can use red chilli flakes, oregano and basil.
3)You can make the sauce ahead of time and store in fridge.
4)You can use any pasta as you like.
Beetroot Pasta With Step by Step Pictures
1)Boil whole wheat pasta in salted boiling water
2)Take tomatoes in a blender
3)Add in garlic
4)Add in cooked beetroots
5)Grind till smooth
6)Heat olive oil in a pan
7)Add in dried parsley, oregano
8)Add in ground tomato and beet sauce
9)Cook for 5 mins
10)Add in cajun seasoning
13)Bring it to a boil
14)Add in fresh basil
16)Add in cooked pasta