Bengali Aam Dal Recipe - Bengali Mango Dal - Kacha Aam er Tok Dal with step wise pictures.
Healthy and nutritious sweet and sour mango dal which is tasty with some hot rice. This dal is perfect with phulka or roti as well.
Super yummy moong dal recipe which is made bengali style and is little sour and sweet. Not only it taste delicious it is so easy to make. You can enjoy this with some plain rice or roti.
This dal is one of my favorite. I love having it with plain white rice or roti. This dal is so delicious, it has a spicy flavour. The seasoning has to be done in mustard oil which gives pure aroma and taste to it. You can enjoy this dal as it is too.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Bengali Aam Dal Recipe - Bengali Mango Dal - Kacha Aam er Tok Dal
- Yellow Moong Dal / Pasi paruppu - ½ cup
- Water - 3 cups
- Raw Mango - 1 peeled and sliced into thick
- Mustard Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Green Chilli - 1 slit
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice to taste
- Wash dal and take it in a pressure cooker. Add water and cook for 2 whistle. Remove pressure immediately and whisk the dal well to make it together.
- Heat mustard oil in a kadai. Let it smoke a bit.
- Now reduce the flame and add mustard, dry red chillies and green chillies.
- Add in raw mango along with salt. Mix well. Leave to cook on low heat till mangoes is soft.
- Now add dal, sugar, turmeric powder and more water if needed.
- Boil for 5 mins. Take it off the heat.
- Add lemon juice.
- Serve with rice.
1)I am using moong dal. you can use toor dal or masoor dal too.
2)Wash and take dal in a pressure cooker
3)pressure cook for 2 whistle. Remove the pressure immediately so dals dont get mushy. Mix well so it gets creamy
4)Take raw mango
5)Peel off the skin
6)Cut it like this
7)Heat mustard oil in a pan
8)Let the oil gets smoky.
9)Now reduce the flame and add dry red chilli and green chilli
10)Add mustard seeds
11)Add raw mango
15)Cook till mangoes gets soft
16)Add in cooked dal
17)Add turmeric powder
19)Add sugar and add water if needed
20)Boil for 5 mins on medium heat
21)Take it off the heat and add lemon juice