Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Simple & Easy French Bread Recipe - Under 1 Hour with step wise pictures.
Making french bread at home is so easy than you can imagine. You can make this bread from start to finish in under 1 hour.
One of the easiest bread you could ever make. This dough can be put together in just few mins. The bread taste so yummy when served freshly sliced.
This bread is so easy to make. You can use a combination of wheat flour and regular flour. You can make this in a instant and it taste best when served warm with some butter. You can make this into so many variation. Will share all the version soon.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Simple & Easy French Bread Recipe - Under 1 Hour
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups + as needed
- Warm Water - 1 cup
- Sugar - 1 tblsp
- Salt - 1 tsp
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Olive Oil - 2 tblsp
- Take warm water, sugar and yeast in a bowl and mix well. let it sit for 2 to 3 mins to activate.
- Add in flour, salt and mix well to form a sticky dough.
- Add in oil and mix well to form a soft dough.
- Take the dough in a surface.Add more flour and knead well.
- Now spread it like a rectangle. Start rolling from an end tight and seal the edges.
- Now take this in a parchment lined baking pan and leave to rise for 30 mins.
- Now use a sharp knife and make few slashes on the top.
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C. Place a baking sheet in the bottom of the oven to heat up in which we will put ice cubes once we put the bread in.
- Put the bread tray in the middle rack of a preheated oven and bake for 20 to 22 mins till top is golden.
- Once you put the tray in oven, put few ice cubes in the bottom tray so steam can build up which will give your the signature chewy crust.
- Once the bread is baked. Remove it and cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take warm water in a bowl
3)Add dry yeast
10)Take the dough in a surface and sprinkle with flour and knead well.
11)Knead till smooth
12)Spread the dough in a rectangle shape
14)Roll it tight
16)Place the bread in a baking sheet
17)Let it rise for 30 mins
18)Make slashes all over them
19)Pop this in center of the oven
20)take few ice cubes
21)Throw them at the bottom of the tray and bake till golden
22)Remove and cool
23)Look at that chewy crust
24)This is what the inside looks like. So perfect.