Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Cabbage Fry Recipe - Muttaikose Varuval Recipe with step wise pictures.
Cabbage fry is easy to make and taste so delicious with plain rice, rasam rice, sambar rice or rotis. It can be made in less than 20 mins.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Cabbage Fry Recipe
- Cabbage - 3 cups shredded
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Oil - 4 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 sliced thinly
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Take cabbage, salt, turmeric powder and some water. Cook till cabbage is done.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin.
- Add onions and saute for a min.
- Add cabbage in this and saute for 5 to 10 mins.
- Now add in chilli powder and garam masala powder and mix well.
- Cook few more mins till it is well browned.
1)Take shredded cabbage in a pan
2)Add salt and turmeric
3)Add little water
4)Cook till cabbage is done
5)Heat oil in a pan. Add in mustard and cumin seeds
6)Add in sliced onion
7)Saute for a min
8)Add cooked cabbage
11)Keep cooking till is is sauted
12)Add in chilli powder, coriander powder and garam masala powder
14)Now it is done