Methi Malai Chicken Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and creamy methi malai chicken which taste great with rice or roti. This gravy goes perfect with pulao as well.
When i was looking for dinner inspiration online, i came across a picture of a spicy chicken curry served with some naan. I got so inspired from that so i made it almost immediately.
This chicken dish is so easy to make, you dont need coconut or any other stuffs. If you use larger chicken pieces then it will be more tasty. I used small cut chicken because that what i had on hand.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Methi Malai Chicken Recipe
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds / Shahi Jeera - 1 tsp
- Onion - 2 chopped finely
- Ginger Garlic paste - 1 tblsp
- Green Chillies - 4 slit
- Chicken - 500 grams
- Salt to taste
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Pepper Powder - 2 tsp
- Kasuri Methi Leaves - ¼ cup
- Fresh Cream - ½ cup
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in shahi jeera and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions, cook till golden.
- Add in ginger garlic paste, green chillies and mix well.
- Add in chicken and mix well.
- Add in salt, turmeric and mix well.
- Add in yogurt and mix well. Cover and cook till chicken is done.
- Add in pepper powder, garam masala powder and mix well.
- Add in cream and mix well.
- Take it off the heat and serve.
1)Heat oil in a pan
2)Add in cumin seeds
3)Add in onions
4)Cook till golden
5)Add in ginger garlic paste and green chillies
6)Add in chicken
7)Saute for 2 mins
8)Add in turmeric powder and salt
10)Add in whisked yogurt
12)Cover and simmer for 15 to 20 mins
13)Now chicken is cooked.
14)Add in pepper powder and garam masala powder
15)Add in kasuri methi leaves
17)Simmer for 5 mins
18)Add in fresh cream