Chocolate Banana Swirl Cake Recipe with step wise pictures.
Chocolate Banana Swirl Cake Recipe. Super moist and chocolate rich marbled banana cake. This cake is not only easy to make but taste so delicious.
This is one of the best chocolate banana bread i ever baked. It turned out so moist and chocolaty. This is for all banana and chocolate lover, you can enjoy a piece of plain banana cake and chocolate banana cake as well. It is a marbled banana bread as well.
You can make this cake with complete wheat flour as well. And the addition of sugar depends on your taste. Try to use a really ripe bananas for the best banana flavour.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
📖 Recipe Card
Chocolate Banana Swirl Cake
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1 ¾ cup / 210 grams
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - ¾ tsp
- Sugar - 1 cup / 200 grams
- Ripe Banana - 1 cup mashed
- Oil - ½ cup /120 ml
- Eggs - 2
- Milk - ½ cup / 120 ml
- Vanilla Essence - 1 tsp
- Cocoa Powder - ⅓ cup
- Warm Water - ⅓ cup
(MY 1 CUP MEASURED 240 ML)
- Preheat oven to 170 degree C. Line a loaf pan with parchment paper, grease with oil and set aside.
- Take banana puree, sugar and vanilla and beat till mixed
- Add in eggs and beat till creamy. Add oil, milk and beat again.
- Add in flour, baking soda and fold gently. Once it is combined, set aside.
- Take cocoa powder in a bowl, add water and mix to form a paste.
- Add half of the batter into the cocoa mix and mix well.
- Now take the loaf pan, Spoon the plain batter and chocolate batter alternately into the prepared loaf pan. Swirl the batters together with a knife (don't overdo it or the colors will get muddled -- up and back 4-5 times should suffice). No bake for 1 hour and 15 mins. Cover the top of the cake with a foil if the cake is getting too dark.
- Insert a toothpick to check whether the cake is done, if it comes out clean then it is done.
- Remove it from oven, cool it down for 15 mins.
- Invert it on a cooling rack and let it cool completely.
- Slice and serve.
1)Take banana puree in a bowl.
5)Whisk till combined
7)Add in milk
9)Add in flour
10)Add in baking soda
12)In another bowl take cocoa powder
13)Add some warm water and whisk well.
14)Add half of the banana batter
16)Line a loaf pan with parchment paper
17)Alternate the batters
18)Once it is filled
19)Take a knife and make swirl over the cake
20)Now it is swirled
21)Bake and slice and serve.