Crunchy Corn Chaat Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. This crispy corn chaat is delicious on its own as a salad or appetiser.
I was inspired to make this recipe after i made barbeque nation crispy corn. I was so in love with it which made me create a indian chaat version. I used chaat masala, cumin powder which made a lip smacking snack.
Also Make My Barbeque Nation Crispy Corn
I have started making this corn chaat very often than anything else. I started loving it too. This corn chaat tasted amazing and is one of the best way to enjoy corn. It makes a perfect snack for any parties too. Kids till love this for sure.
Variations you can make:
1)Indian Style Crispy Corn:
Add chilli powder, pepper powder, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, pepper powder and lemon juice.
2)Chaat Crispy Corn:
Add chilli powder, cumin powder, chaat masala powder, black salt and tamarind sweet and sour sauce.
3)Italian Style Crispy Corn:
Add dried basil, oregano or italian seasoning along with some fried garlic, chilli flakes.
4)Chinese Style Crispy Corn:
Add fried garlic and ginger, chopped spring onion, little soy sauce, sugar and vinegar.
HOW TO MAKE CRUNCHY CORN CHAAT?
Just toss some flour into cooked sweetcorn and fry till crispy. Then toss it in chaat masala and some freshly chopped onions, chillies and coriander leaves along with some lemon juice. Thats it.
TIPS FOR PERFECT CRUNCHY CORN
- I used frozen sweetcorn. You can use fresh sweetcorn as well.
- Frozen is best since it dont need any cooking, just thawing is good or just microwave for 1 min.
- Drain the corn well before adding flour so it dont get lumpy.
- Toss the corn gently in flour so it coats in a thin layer.
- Shake excess flour so the oil dont gets too floury.
- Fry the corn in very hot oil so it gets very crunchy.
- You can add vinegar instead of lemon juice.
- Serve immediately for best taste
BE CAREFUL WHEN FRYING CORN, IT MAY BURST SOMETIMES
FEW EXTRA TIPS FOR CRISPY SWEET CORN RECIPE
- Use Fresh shucked corn instead of frozen sweetcorn.
- Combination of chilli powder, chaat masala powder, cumin powder and black pepper powder can be used.
- You can use just cornflour and rice flour combination for getting even more crispier corn.
- Add finely chopped capsicum if you wish.
- Double frying corn may help to get crispier corn. Fry sweetcorn for 1 min on hot oil, drain and then refry again in super hot oil till crispy.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Sweet Corn - 2 cups i used frozen
- Cornflour / Corn starch - 2 tblsp
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tblsp
- Rice Flour - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Red Chilli powder to taste
- Chaat masala powder to taste
- Cumin Powder to taste
- Lemon Juice - 2 tsp or to taste
- Onion - 1 small chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp finely chopped
- Oil for deep frying
- I used frozen sweetcorn. So i just placed it in microwave and cooked for 1 min. If you are using fresh sweetcorn, then boil in water for 4 to 5 mins.
- Drain the corn completely.
- Add salt and pepper and mix well.
- Add in all the flour and toss gently.
- Place it into a fine mesh sieve and shake so the excess flour is gone.
- Heat oil for deep frying till super hot.
- Drop the corn into the oil. Fry till super crispy and golden. Around 3 to 4 mins.
- Drain it in a sieve.
- Now add in seasoning, lemon juice, onion, coriander leaves and mix well.
- Serve immediately
2)Frozen is best since it dont need any cooking, just thawing is good or just microwave for 1 min.
3)Drain the corn well before adding flour so it dont get lumpy.
4)Toss the corn gently in flour so it coats in a thin layer.
5)Shake excess flour so the oil dont gets too floury.
6)Fry the corn in very hot oil so it gets very crunchy.
7)If you dont have peri peri seasoning, just add chilli powder and chaat masala powder.
8)You can add vinegar instead of lemon juice.
9)Serve immediately for best taste
1)Take sweetcorn in a bowl. This is frozen corn, so i just microwaved it for 1 min. Drain the water completely. Take it in a bowl
2)Add in salt and pepper powder
4)I measured cornstarch, all purpose flour and rice flour in this bowl
6)Add it in
7)Place this in a sieve
8)Shake it so the excess flour gets away and the flour is evenly coated on the corn
10)Drop corn in super hot oil
11)Dont mix immediately. leave for 1 min
12)Then you can mix
13)Leave it to fry till golden
15)Drain it in a sieve
16)Add in onions, tomatoes, chillies and coriander leaves
17)Add in salt and cumin powder
18)Add in chaat masala powder
19)Add in lemon juice
20)Add little chilli powder if needed
21)Toss well and serve