Dahi Bhindi Recipe | Dahi Wali Bhindi Recipe | Okra Yogurt Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Quick and easy ladies finger sabzi or dahi bhindi which taste super delicious. This goes great with roti or pulao.
I made this yesterday as a part of my thali recipe. Everyone loved it so much more than anything else. Not only it tasted amazing but it is very easy to make and needs just few ingredients. I have one more version of this recipe which has tomatoes added in them, will share that version soon.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Ladies Finger - 15 chopped
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 1 slit
- Gram Flour / Besan - 3 tblsp
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1 tsp
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Water as needed
- Heat oil in a pan, Add ladies finger and saute till golden. Remove and set aside.
- Now add more oil if needed.
- Add cumin seeds and curry leaves and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, chillies and saute till golden brown.
- Add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in besan and stir till raw smell leaves.
- Add in well beaten yogurt and mix well.
- Add in water and cook till it thickens.
- Add in salt and sugar and mix well.
- Add in fried ladies finger and mix well. Cook for 2 mins.
1)Take ladies finger
2) chop it roughly
3)Heat oil in a pan
4)Add in ladies finger
5)Cook till ladies finger gets golden
6)Now it is almost fried
6)Remove to a bowl.
7)In the same pan, add more oil if needed. Add in cumin seeds
8)Add curry leaves
9)Add chopped onions and chillies
10)Cook till sauted.
11)Add chilli powder, cumin powder, turmeric powder
12)Add garam masala powder.
13) Mix well
14)Add in gram flour.
15)Stir well. Add more oil if needed
16)Now it is well cooked
17)Take some curd / yogurt and whisk well.
18)Add them in
23)Cook till it thickens
24)Add fried bhindi or ladies finger in.
25 ) mix well.
26)Simmer the flame and cook till oil separates