Last Updated on November 20, 2020
Drumstick Leaves Onion Poriyal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy and flavourful drumstick leaves onion poriyal which taste great with rice. You can enjoy with sambar rice or any kuzhambu as you wish.
Drumstick leaves are packed with tons of nutrients. It is highly recommended to have this atleast twice or thrice a week. It is lots of iron content in them, great for pregnancy. But it is recommended to consume only on 2nd trimester.
Drumstick Leaves Onion Poriyal Recipe
- Drumstick Leaves - 4 cups
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - ½ tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Curry Leaves a sprig
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Onion - 1 large sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- Sugar or Jaggery - 1 tsp
- Coconut - ½ cup grated
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds and let it sizzle.
- Add in dry red chillies and curry leaves and mix well.
- Add in onions and saute for a min.
- Add in drumstick leaves and stir for 3 to 5 mins.
- Add little water and cook till done.
- Add in salt, sugar and mix well.
- Add coconut and mix well.
1)Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and cumin seeds
2)Add in dry red chillies
3)Add in onions
4)Saute for a min
5)Add in drumstick leaves
8)Add in little water
9)Cook till the leaves is wilted.
10)Add in little sugar
11)Add in coconut
12)Stir fry till it is well mixed