Pumpkin Puli Kuzhambu Recipe - Poosanikai Pulikulambu Recipe with step wise pictures.
Spicy and tangy puli kulambu made with pumpkins, shallots and garlic. This is so aromatic and taste so delicious with some hot rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Pumpkin Puli Kuzhambu Recipe
- Gingelly Oil / Indian Sesame Oil - 4 tblsp
- Onion Vadam - 6 piece
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 10 peeled
- Garlic - 6 cloves peeled
- Tomato - 1 chopped
- Pumpkin - 2 cups peeled and cubed
- Coriander Powder - 3 tblsp
- Chilli powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Jaggery a small piece
- Water as needed
- Tamarind - 1 small lemon size
- Heat oil in a pot. Add in onion vadam and fry for a min.
- Add in shallots and garlic and saute for 1 to 2 mins.
- Add in tomato and pumpkin and mix well.
- Add in spice powders and salt and mix well.
- Add in tamarind water and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil and simmer for 10 mins.
- Add in jaggery and mix well.
1)Heat gingelly oil in a pot. I am using my kal chatti.
2)Add in onion vadam
3)Add in peeled shallots and garlic
4)Fry them for 2 mins or so.
5)Add in chopped tomatoes
6)Add in peeled and cubed pumpkin
8)Saute them for 2 to 3 mins
10)Add in salt, coriander powder, turmeric powder and chilli powder
12)Add in tamarind water
13)Bring it to a boil. Simmer for 10 mins
15)Add in a small piece of jaggery