Classic French Onion Soup Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious and sweet french onion soup which not only taste amazing but is easy to make. This restaurant style soup is so easy to make at home.
Delicious french onion soup with those sweet onions. It is so filling and is so delicious too. You can enjoy this soup on cold days.
Sweet Corn Chowder
Sweet Corn Chicken Soup
Dal Veg Soup
Mushroom Cream Soup
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
French Onion Soup Recipe
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Butter - 2 tblsp
- Onion - 2 large sliced thinly
- Salt to taste
- Dried Thyme - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper to taste
- Chicken Stock or Veg Stock - 2 cups
- Red Wine Vinegar - 1 tsp or to taste
- French Bread Slices as needed
- Gruyere Cheese or Cheddar Cheese as needed
- Heat oil and butter in a pan.
- Add onions and salt. Mix well. Cover and cook till onions is soft on low heat.
- Now cook till onions get caramelized. it will take around 15 to 20 mins.
- Add little water and scrape the bottom.
- Now add in salt, pepper, thyme and mix well.
- Add chicken stock and vinegar and mix well.
- Bring it to a boil. Cover and simmer for 10 to 15 mins.
- For serving. Pour soup into oven safe serving dish.
- Top with bread slice and cheese.
- Pop this under broiler and bake for 10 mins till cheese is bubbly.
2)Slice them thinly
3)Heat oil and butter in a pan
4)Add in onions
5)Add in salt
7)Cover and cook till onion is wilted
8)Now onions are soft
9)Cook till onions are brown
10)Cook on low heat
11)Now onions are caramelized
12)Add a splash of water and scrape the bottom well
13)Scrape and remove the brown bits
15)Take some chicken stock
16)Add it in
18)Add a splash of vinegar
19)Add in dried thyme
20)Season with pepper
22)Bring it to a boil
23)Cover and cook
25)I used gruyere cheese. You can use any cheese as you like
27)Take a oven safe serving dish
28)Ladle the soup in
29)Place the bread slices in
30)Top with cheese
31)Bake till golden and bubbly
Leave a Reply