Goan Pao Recipe - Goan Pav Bread Recipe with step wise pictures.
So soft and buttery goan style pao buns or pav rolls which is best served with some spicy goan style chicken curry like xacuti chicken or any veg curry of your choice.
When i was looking for dinner inspiration online, i came across a picture of a spicy chicken curry served with some pav rolls. I got so inspired from that so i made it almost immediately. I served this pav rolls with a spicy goan style chicken xacuti. I will be sharing the recipe soon.
Christmas Sweet Bread, Semolina Bread, Cheese Bread, Wheat Bread with Gluten, Wheat Bran Bread, Oats Bread, White Sandwich Bread, Soda Bread Rolls.
This is a quick breakfast or brunch option. You can toast the pav and then serve with a spicy egg omelette or chutneys. Super yummy.
Tawa Paneer Masala
Pav Bhaji Masala Powder
Soft Fuffy Pav
Whole wheat pav
Mumbai Pav Bhaji
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Goan Pao Recipe - Goan Pav Bread Recipe
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 3 cups
- Dry Yeast - 1.5 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Salt - to taste
- Warm Milk - 1.5 cups or as needed
- Butter - 3 tblsp and more for brushing on top
- Egg or Milk for brushing over pav buns
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Take yeast, sugar in a bowl. Pour over some warm milk and mix well. Set aside for 5 mins so the yeast can activate.
- Now take flour, salt, butter in a bowl and rub the butter into the flour.
- Add the yeast mix and milk and knead to a soft dough..
- Knead the dough for 5 mins.
- Apply some oil over the dough and cover it with plastic wrap. Leave to rise for 1 to 2 hours.
- Now punch out the air. Divide it into equal portions.
- Take a ball, roll it into a smooth ball.
- Place it in a greased baking pan. Cover and let it rise for 1 hour.
- During the last 10 mins of rising, preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Brush the top with a beaten egg or milk.
- Pop it into the oven and bake for 10 to 12 mins.
- Remove and brush the top with some melted butter.
- Serve warm.
1)Take sugar in a bowl
2)Add dry yeast
3)Add some very warm milk over it. Let this sit for 5 mins.
4)Take all purpose flour in a bowl
5)Add in salt.
7)Add in some cubed butter
8)Rub it into the flour
9)Now it is combined
10)Add the yeast mix in
11)Add in some extra warm milk.
12)Knead to a dough
13)Now knead the dough for 5 mins
14)Now it is nice and smooth
15)Apply oil over it.
16)Rub all over the dough
17)Cover with plastic wrap
18)Now it is doubled in size
19)punch out the air
20)Divide it into equal balls
21)Take a ball
22)Roll it into a smooth ball.
23)Arrange it in a greased baking pan
24)Flatten it slightly
25)Now let this rise for 1 hour
26)Now it is risen
27)Take egg in a bowl and whisk well.
28)Brush all over the pav
29)Bake till done
30)Melt some butter
31)Brush all over the pav
33)I served it with some chicken xacuti
Hi Aarthi, the receipe looks very good and easy... just had a question. At the start of the receipe you mention the prep time is 30 mins but in the detailed recipe you have a rising time of 1 hour and again another hour and a half for the dough balls to rise.
Request you to please change the prep time or mention the rising time as well to avoid confusion for beginners.
what is the size of the pan you used