Karupatti Seedai Recipe - Palm Jaggery Seedai Recipe - Krishna Jayanthy Recipes
Healthy karupatti seedai which is not only easy to make but is very tasty as well. We loved it to the core. It is a tasty snack top make.
Making the perfect and traditional seedai needs few preparations in advance. To get it right, you have to make rice flour and urad dal flour at home. But you can use store bought flours too. Other than that it is pretty easy. I have compiled all the reason why seedai burst in my notes section, so please make sure to check that.
Complete Krishna Jayanthy Recipes
Moong Dal Murukku
Karupatti Seedai Recipe
- Rice flour - 1 cup
- Salt a pinch
- Sesame seeds - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 1 tblsp
- Karupatti - ¼ cup to ½ cup
- Water - ¼ cup
- Hot Oil - 1 tblsp + for deep frying
- Heat karupatti with water and bring it to a boil. Drain and set aside.
- Roast rice flour on low heat for 2 to 3 mins. Take it in a bowl.
- Take coconut and toast that as well.
- Add it into the bowl, add in sesame seeds, salt, hot oil and mix well
- Knead to a dough. Add extra water if needed.
- Now make small balls. Drop in hot oil and fry till golden.
- Drain and serve.
1)Roast rice flour few mins on low flame till toasted.
2)now it is toasted
3)Add in coconut
4)Saute for a min
5)Take rice flour in a bowl
6)Add in coconut
7)Add in sesame seeds
9)Add in hot oil
11)Mix well into the flour
12)Add in karupatti water
13)Knead to a soft dough
14)Take small portion
15)Roll into a soft ball
16)Deep fry in hot oil
17)Fry till golden
18)Drain and serve
With 1cup rice flour approximately how many balls did u get
it depends on the size
I tried to make it but ball sizes were bigger not as shown here.