Leftover Rice Vadam Recipe - Cooked Rice Vadam Recipe with step wise pictures.
Vadam is one of the most requested recipe in yummy tummy. Even though we make variety of vadam in the summer season. I haven't shared many. I have already shared onion vadam and this is my second recipe.
This vadam is so easy to make, it is made using leftover rice and taste so delicious and crunchy. Vadam is perfect to have on hand, since it makes a great sidedish for rice and kuzhambu when you dont have time to make any curries.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Leftover Rice Vadam Recipe - Cooked Rice Vadam Recipe
- Leftover Cooked Rice - 3 cups
- Chilli Powder - 1 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Cumin Seeds - 2 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi - ¼ tsp
- Take rice in a blender and puree smooth.
- Take it in a bowl. Add other ingredients and mix well.
- Take small portion and pinch it on a clean plastic sheet or clean cloth.
- Dry it under sun for 4 to 5 days till it is completely dry.
- Store it in a air tight container for many months.
- Deep fry in hot oil till golden brown.
2)You can store this in a dry container for 3 months.
3)Fry it in hot oil till golden brown.
4)You can store the fried vadam for 2 to 3 days in a air tight container.
1)Take cooked rice in a blender
2)Make it into a smooth puree
3)Take it in a bowl
4)Add in some chilli powder, you can even add some ground green chillies
5)Add in salt to taste
6)Add in some cumin seeds
7)Add in asafoetida
9)Take small portion and pinch it over some clean plastic sheet or clean cloth.
10)Dry this under sun for 3 to 4 days.
11)Store it in a clean dry container. Deep fry in hot oil till golden. You can store the fried vadam in a air tight container for 2 to 3 days. Taste best with sambar rice or rice and any kuzhambu.