Swedish Saffron Rolls Recipe - Swedish Saffron Buns Recipe with step wise pictures.
I love baking my own rolls and buns. There is something satisfying on baking your own bread.
Baking bread is one of the therapeutic thing you can do in the kitchen. Believe it or not, it is my stress reliever. I enjoy kneading the dough and watch it grow then shape it into desired size and bake it to perfection. Each time i bake a bread, i love how the texture turns out. I have baked many types of bread and have shared so many recipes on my blog, check the recipe here.
This recipe is from gayathris cookspot. It has a lovely aroma of saffron coming through the bread and the colour is light yellow because of the saffron which is pleasant for the eyes.
Check out other bread recipes.
Swedish Saffron Rolls
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 cups
- Warm Milk - ½ cup
- Warm Water as needed
- Saffron a pinch
- Dry Yeast - 2 tsp
- Sugar - 2 tblsp
- Salt to taste
- Butter - 2 tblsp
- Raisan as needed
- Milk for brushing on top
- Take saffron and warm milk in a bowl and mix well. Add in dry yeast and set aside for 5 mins.
- Now in a bowl, add flour, salt, sugar and mix well. Add butter and rub it into the flour.
- Add in milk mix and knead to a soft dough. Cover the dough and let it rise for 1 hour.
- Now knead well and divide it into equal balls.
- Now roll the ball in a long rope and twist on either side. Cover and let it rise for 30 mins.
- During the last 10 mins of rising preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Now place a raisan on top and brush top with milk.
- Bake for 20 mins.
- Remove and serve.
1)Take saffron in a bowl
2)Add some warm milk
4)Add in some dry yeast in
5)Mix well and let it sit for 5 mins
6)Take all purpose flour / maida in a bowl
8)Add in salt
9)Add in butter
10)Rub the butter into the flour.
11)Add in yeast milk
12)Knead to a soft dough
13)Knead well for 5 mins
14)Let it rest for 1 hour till it doubles in size
15)Divide into equal sizes
16)Take a ball
17)Roll it into a log
18)Roll like this
19)Arrange it in a greased baking sheet
20)Let the rolls rise for 30 mins. Place a raisan on the center. During the last 10 mins of rising preheat oven to 200 degree C.
21)Brush the top with milk
22)Bake for 20 mins