Ragi Upma Recipe – Finger Millet Upma Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy ragi flour upma which taste more delicious when served hot. This upma is not only easy to make but is so nutritious as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Ulundu paruppu - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya podi a pinch
- Onion - 1 chopped finely
- Green Chilli - 2 chopped finely
- Carrot - 1 chopped finely
- Beans - 6 chopped finely
- Ragi Flour - 1 cup
- Water - ½ cup + ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Take ragi flour, salt in a bowl. Mix well. Add in water little by little and crumble it.
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning and let it sizzle.
- Add in onions, curry leaves and chillies and saute for a min.
- Add in carrot and beans and mix well.
- Add in crumbled ragi flour mix and stir well.
- Add in little more water and cover and steam for 10 mins.
- Mix well and serve.
1)Take ragi flour in a bowl
2)Add in salt
3)Add in water
4)Mix well. Till it resembles crumbs
5) Heat oil in a pan. Add in mustard seeds, urad dal.
6)Add in asafoetida
7)Add in carrots, beans, chillies and curry leaves
9)Add in ragi flour mix
12)Cover and cook on low heat
13)Now it is done