Raw Papaya Poriyal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Super delicious raw papaya stir fry which is super easy to make. But this taste delicious with either rice and any kuzhambu.
This is a simple stir fry of raw papaya which has no spices at all. It is simple and tasty. This taste best with sambar rice or any spicy kuzhambu. This is a everyday version of raw papaya fry. It needs just simple spices and ingredients. You can make this in less than 15 to 20 mins. I will share another version of raw papaya poriyal soon which is much different from this one.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Raw Papaya - 3 cups chopped
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Dry Red Chillies - 4
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Heat oil and crackle mustard and dry red chillies.
- Add papaya and stir fry for 4 to 5 mins.
- Now add in salt and turmeric and mix well.
- Cook on high heat till the papaya is caramelized.
1)Take a raw papaya
2)Cut it in half
3)Peel off the skin and chop it finely
3)My papaya was half ripe. Still it is okay for this poriyal
4)Heat oil in a pan. Add in mustard seeds
5)Add in dry red chillies.
6)Add in raw papaya
7)Saute them for 2 mins
3)Add in salt and turmeric powder
4)Saute them well
5)Now it is almost combined
6)Cook on high heat till it is caramelized