Sooji Vermicelli Uthappam Recipe – Semiya Uthappam Recipe with step wise pictures.
Soft and delicious rava semiya uthappam which taste so yummy with tomato chutney or coconut chutney. This s different from normal uthappam and taste heaven.
This combo of sooji and vermicelli taste very unique. Specially kids will love it for sure.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
I served this with this chutney
- Sooji / Rava - 1 cup
- Vermicelli / Semiya - 1 cup
- Yogurt / Curd - 1 cup
- Water as needed
- Salt to taste
- Coriander Leaves - 1/4 cup chopped finely
- Baking Soda / Cooking Soda - 1/2 tsp
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Urad Dal / Uludu Paruppu - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - 1/4 tsp
- Curry leaves a sprig
- Dry Red Chilli - 2 cut into small pieces
- Take sooji, vermicelli, yogurt, water, salt in a bowl and mix well. Set aside for 10 mins.
- Now heat oil and make seasoning and pour it into the batter.
- Now add in coriander leaves and baking soda and mix well.
- Heat dosa pan, spoon small amount of batter in the pan. Drizzle oil around the sides.
- Cook till golden on the bottom, flip over and cook.
- Remove and serve.
1)Take sooji in a bowl.
5)Add salt and mix well
7)Add mustard seeds
8)Add urad dal and cumin seeds
10)Add curry leaves
11)Pour it in
13) Add coriander leaves
14)Add in baking soda
16)Heat a pan
17)Spoon small amount of batter in
19)Drizzle oil around the sides and cook
20)FLip over and cook