Thai Green Pumpkin Curry Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious thai green curry pumpkin taste amazing with some plain white rice. This is a healthy and tasty curry which can be made for dinner or lunch.
I love thai foods, they are so flavourful and has a complete different taste and aroma than our foods..I do make them quite often. The one thing that puts me off is the availablity of thai ingredients in my place. I couldn't get my hands on those beautiful galangal, lemon grass and stuffs like that..So when i want to create a thai recipe, i either have to purchase them online or modify the recipe according to the available ingredients.
Thai Sweet Chilli and Garlic Sauce
Thai Drunken Noodles
Oven Roasted Thai Sticky Chicken
Thai Red Vegetable & Tofu Curry
Thai Red Curry Chicken Roast
Now lets talk about this curry. Luckily during one of shopping trip, i found those chings thai red and green curry paste. Immediately with no delay i picked them. When i used them, i never tasted their preserved taste. It tasted so fresh and flavourful. I have already used so many products of them so i am confident when i got them. And from that day, i have been creating lots of recipes using them and every thing turned out really good. For all those you can easily find thai ingredients, i am sharing the recipe for green curry paste below so you can make them from scratch. GOOD LUCK.
P.S: This is not a paid advertising, i simply loved their product, so i am sharing it.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Thai Green Pumpkin Curry Recipe
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Green Curry Paste - 3 tblsp
- Pumpkin - 3 cups cubed
- Salt to taste
- Coconut Milk - 2 cups
For Green Curry Paste:
- Green Chillies - 6 to 8
- Shallots / Sambar Onion - 3
- Ginger - 3 tblspn chopped
- Garlic - 3 tblspn chopped
- Coriander leaves + Stalks - 1 cup
- Lemongrass Stalks - 2 chopped
- Kaffir Lime Skin - 1 peel
- Kaffir Lime Leaves - 4
- Galangal - 1 tblspn chopped
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblspn
- Coriander Seeds - 1 tblspn
- Cumin Seeds - 1 tsp
- Whole Pepper - 1 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tblspn
- Oil - 3 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- If you are making thai curry paste from scratch, take all the mentioned ingredients in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Heat oil in a pot. Add curry paste and saute for 2 to 3 mins till oil separates.
- Add pumpkin and saute for 2 mins.
- Add coconut milk and mix well.
- Add salt to taste and mix well.
- Cook till pumpkin is done.
1)I used this green curry paste.But you can make your own.I couldn't find so many thai ingredients in my place, so i took the easy step and bought one. Recipe for green curry paste is mentioned in the written part.
2)Heat oil in a pot.
3)Add in curry paste
4)Saute them for 2 mins
5)Cook till oil separates
6)Just like this.
7)Add in pumpkin
9)Saute them for 2 to 3 mins.
10)Add in coconut milk.
11)Mix well. Simmer till pumpkin is cooked. Add salt if needed.
12)Now it is done.