Tomato Soup with Pasta - Pasta Tomato Soup Recipe with Step wise pictures.
Soups are such a comforting meal. Some soups make light meal and some are filling. But overall consuming lots of soups is so good for your body. I have made lots of version of soup on my blog and tomato soup is my absolute favorite. I enjoy a hot bowl of soup served with some butter toasted bread or garlic bread.
This soup is so delicious and pretty filling. It makes a light lunch or dinner. I made a simple tomato based soup and added some uncooked pasta right into the soup and cooked it which gave the soup its desired thickness without the need of adding cornflour. I had some tiny balls like pasta into the soup, the pasta which i used is called as acini di pepe. You can use small macaroni or elbow pasta. I added some frozen sweetcorn in this too, you can use peas in this as well.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Tomato Pasta Soup Recipe
- Olive Oil or Butter -1 tblsp
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped
- Garlic- 6 cloves peeled
- Tomato - 5 chopped
- Capsicum / Bell Pepper - ½ chopped
- Small Pasta - 1 cup
- Sweetcorn - 1 cup frozen
- Salt to taste
- Sugar to taste
- Black Pepper to taste
- Water as needed
- Take oil or butter in a pressure cooker.
- Add in onions, garlic and capsicum and saute for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well.
- Add water and cover the cooker. Pressure cook for 4 whistle. Turn off the heat and let the steam escape all by itself.
- Open the cooker and cool the mix. Take it in a blender and puree till smooth.
- Add it in the pan, add more water, salt and sugar and mix well. Bring it to a boil.
- Add in pasta and cook till done.
- Add in sweetcorn and cook for 2 to 3 mins more.
- Spoon it into serving bowl and top with black pepper and serve.
1)Heat olive oil or butter in a pressure cooker. If you dont have pressure cooker use a sauce pan.
2)Add in roughly chopped onions, and some peeled garlic and saute for a min.
3)Add in some capsicum and give a mix.
4)Now it is mixed well.
5)Add in tomatoes
7)Add water as needed
8)Now cover and pressure cook for 4 whistle. If you are using regular sauce pan, cook till tomatoes is softened.
9)Now it is cooked.
10)Cool the mix and take it in a blender
11)Puree till smooth.
12)Add it in the pot
13)Add more water as needed
14)Add salt to taste
15)Now add in pasta. Try to use small pasta like macaroni or elbow pasta. I am using a tiny pasta which my aunt bought from aussie. The name of the pasta is Acini di Pepe.
16)Add it in, you can add as much as you like.
17)Add some sugar to balance the taste of the soup.
18)Boil the soup and cook till the pasta is done
19)Add in some sweetcorn, i am using frozen ones.
20)Cook till corn is done
21)Serve with some sprinkling of pepper.