Barbeque Pulled Chicken Sandwich Recipe – Leftover Chicken Recipe Ideas with step wise pictures.
Super juicy and delicious sandwich made using leftover chicken. You can use up leftover grilled chicken or rotisserie chicken. This makes a great lunch box option as well.
Last week we had a party at home, we ordered few grilled chicken from nearby takeout place. I got few leftover grilled chicken from that. I shredded the chicken the next day and made two different type of sandwiches to show you. One is this yummy barbeque chicken sliders the next one is chicken salad sandwiches.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Leftover Chicken - 2 cups shredded
- Oil - 1 tsp
- Garlic - 3 cloves chopped finely
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Barbeque Sauce - 1/2 cup
- Burger Buns as needed
- Cheese Slice as needed
- Onion - 1/2 sliced thinly
- Cabbage - 2 cups sliced thinly
- Carrot - 1 sliced thinly
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Coriander Leaves - 3 tblsp chopped finely
- Sugar- 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Vinegar - 1 to 2 tblsp
- Preheat oven to 200 degree C.
- Mix all the ingredients for salad and set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add garlic and onion and saute for a min.
- Add in barbeque sauce and mix well. Bring it to a boil.
- Add in chicken and mix well.
- Take burger bun and slit it open.
- Top with the chicken filling, top with cheese slice.
- Cover it up with other half.
- Wrap in foil and pop it in oven.
- Bake for 5 to 8 mins.
- Remove and serve with salad.
1)First lets make the salad. Take cabbage in a bowl.
2)Add in sliced onions
3)Add in sliced carrots
4)Add in coriander leaves
5)Add a pinch of salt and sugar
6)Add in vinegar
8)Mix well and set aside.
9)Heat oil in a pan, add in chopped garlic and sliced onions
10)Saute for a min.
11)Add in barbeque sauce.You can use store bought or homemade.
12)Mix well. Let it bubble up.
13)Add in shredded cooked chicken
15)Take a bun
16)Slit it open
17)Top with the chicken filling,
18)Place a cheese slice on top.
19)Cover with other half.
20)Wrap it with foil. Pop it in a 200 degree C preheated oven for 5 to 8 mins.