Batata Nu Shaak Recipe – Gujarati Potato Sabzi Recipe with step wise pictures.
Batata Nu Shaak Recipe or Gujarati Potatoes Recipe goes well with plain rice and dal. You can enjoy with some rotis or paratha as well.
A tangy and little sweet gujarati potato sabzi which is really fast and easy to make. This is a dry verison, will soon share a gravy version.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Potato - 2 peeled and cubed
- Oil - 3 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1/2 tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi - a pinch
- Curry Leaves a sprig
- Ginger - 1 tblsp
- Green Chilli - 2
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Turmeric Powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Lemon juice to taste
- Grind ginger and chillies till coarse. Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan. Add in whole spices and asafoetida and curry leaves.
- Add in potatoes along with salt and turmeric powder and mix well.
- Cook till potatoes are half done.
- Add in ginger and chilli paste and mix well. Saute till raw smell leaves. Cook till potatoes are done.
- Now add in spice powders and mix well.
- Add in sugar, lemon juice and mix well.
1)Take ginger and chillies in a blender and grind them
3)Heat oil in a kadai
4)Add in mustard and cumin seeds
5)Add in curry leaves
6)Add in asafoetida
7)Saute them for few seconds
8)Add in cubed potatoes
10)Add in salt and turmeric powder
12)Add ginger and chilli mix
14)Cook till potatoes are done.
15)Add in chilli powder, cumin powder and garam masala powder
17)Add sugar to taste
18)Add lemon juice