Beans & Fenugreek Leaves Poriyal Recipe with step wise pictures.
Healthy and quick side dish for rice or roti. This poriyal is not only easy to make but is very nutritious.
This is a simple stir fry which is easy to make and tasty. This taste best with sambar rice or any spicy kuzhambu. This is a everyday version of sabzi. It needs just simple spices and ingredients. You can make this in less than 15 to 20 mins. I will share another version of the same recipe which has no spinach added.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Beans & Fenugreek Leaves Poriyal Recipe
- Beans - 2 cups cut into long pieces
- Fenugreek Leaves / Methi / Vendaya Keerai - 1 cup
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp
- Mustard seeds / Kaduku - 1 tsp
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - ½ tsp
- Urad dal / Uludu paruppu - ½ tsp
- Curry leaves - 1 sprig
- Dry Red Chillies - 2
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - ½ tsp
- Chilli Powder - 1 tsp
- Heat oil in a pan, add seasoning ingredients and let them sizzle.
- Add in beans and saute for 2 mins.
- Add in salt and turmeric and mix well. Cook for 5 mins till beans is cooked.
- Add in fenugreek leaves and saute for 5 mins.
- Add in chilli powder and mix well.
- Add in water and cook for 5 mins.
1)Heat oil in a pan. Add in mustard seeds, urad dal, cumin seeds, dry red chilli and curry leaves
2)Fry for a min
3)Add in chopped beans
4)Saute for few mins
5)Now the beans is half cooked.
6)Add in vendaya keerai
7)Saute for 2 to 3 mins
8)Season with salt.
9)Add in turmeric powder
11)Add little chilli powder
12)Add a splash of water
13)cook till done