Last Updated on October 23, 2021
Beetroot Peas Pulao Recipe - Easy Pulav Recipes with step wise pictures.
Super easy and fast beetroot pulao which has peas in them. This pulao not only taste amazing but is so easy to make. Perfect recipe to put in kids lunch box.
Pulao or biryani comes handy when coming to lunch box recipes. This recipe goes perfect with some raita, i served it with cucumber raita. You can enjoy with any raita of choice. You will need a handful of ingredients to make this pulao and it comes together in less than 30 mins.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Beetroot Peas Pulao Recipe
- Ghee - 2 tblsp + 1 tblsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Cardamom / Yelakai - 4
- Cloves / Krambu - 4
- Fennel Seeds / Sombu / Saunf - 1 tsp
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 3 to 4 slit
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Tomatoes - 2 chopped finely
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Green Peas - 1 cup
- Beetroot - 1 large peeled and grated
- Salt to taste
- Basmati Rice - 1 ½ cup
- Milk - 1 cup
- Water - 2 cup
- Cashew - 1 tblsp optional
- Soak basmati rice for 30 mins.
- Heat ghee in a pressure cooker, add in all whole spices and let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, chillies and cook till golden. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a min.
- Add in tomatoes and cook till mushy.
- Now add in spice powders and saute well.
- Add in beet and peas and salt. Saute till raw smell leaves.
- Add in rice, milk and water.
- Bring it to a boil. Cover and cook for 1 whistle, or reduce the flame and cook for 10 to 12 mins.
- Now fry some cashews in ghee and pour over the rice.
- Mix well.
1)Take all your ingredients
2)Heat ghee in a pressure cooker
3)Add in cinnamon, cloves and cardamom
4)Add in onions
5)Add green chillies
7)Add ginger garlic paste
8)Add tomatoes and cook till mushy
9)I missed to add fennel seeds in the first, so add it now
11)Add in grated carrots and peas
12)Saute them well.
13)Add turmeric and garam masala powder
14)Add in basmati rice
15)Saute for 2 mins or so
16)Add in milk
18)Bring it to a boil and cover with a lid.
19)Pressure cook for 1 whistle or simmer for a total of 10 to 12 mins.
20)Fry cashews in some ghee and pour over the pulao