Bread Manchurian Recipe – Easy Indo Chinese Recipes with step wise pictures.
A very unique bread manchurian recipe which is so delicious with any indo chinese recipes. You can enjoy it on its own too.
I had few slices of bread lying in the fridge. It was pretty dry so thought of using it in recipes. Initially i thought of making upma, then i decided to make this manchurian. I served it with paneer pulao, but you can enjoy with noodles or fried rice.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Bread - 5 slices
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- All purpose flour / Maida - ¼ cup
- Cornflour - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil - 1 tblsp
- Ginger - 1 tsp chopped finely
- Garlic - 1 tblsp chopped finely
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 2 chopped finely
- Green Chilli Sauce - 2 tblsp
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 2 tblsp
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Water - 1 cup
- Black Pepper Powder - 1 tsp
- Cornflour - 1 tsp
- Water - 2 tblsp
- Spring Onion a handful chopped
- Mix maida, cornflour, salt and pepper with some water to form a smooth batter. Dip bread pieces in the batter and fry in 2 tblsp oil in a nonstick pan till golden. Drain and set aside.
- Heat 1 tblsp oil in a pan, add ginger, garlic, onions and chillies. Saute for a min.
- Add all sauces, salt, sugar, vinegar and mix well.
- Add water and pepper powder.
- Add in cornflour water and mix well. Simmer for 2 mins.
- Add bread pieces and toss well.
- Add spring onions and mix well.
1)Cut bread into cubes
2)Start by making the batter. Take all purpose flour, cornflour in a bowl
4)Add salt and pepper. Mix well
5)Dip bread in the batter and pan fry till golden
6)I am frying bread pieces in a nonstick pan with little oil.
7)Flip over and cook till crispy.
8)Drain and set aside.
9)In the same pan, heat some oil.
10)Add ginger, garlic, chillies and onions
11)Saute for 2 mins.
12)Add soy sauce, green chilli sauce and ketchup
13)Add little sugar
15)Add a dash of vinegar
17)Add in some water
18)Bring it to a boil.
19)Add in cornflour mixed with some water
20)Cook till thickens
21)Add pepper powder
22)Add bread pieces
24)Add spring onions