Chicken and rice noodles stir fry taste so delicious on its own or with any simple chicken or veggie side dish.
Rice Noodles Chicken Stir Fry
I make rice noodles stir fry often in the past. But recently i couldn't find these at the supermarket so I almost forgot about this dish..Finally during my last trip i found rice noodles in the shelves. immediately i picked one. I made my all time favourite chicken and noodles stir fry and also laksa using this.. I have already shared a veg version here.
About this Recipe
Rice noodles are rice-based noodles. Rice flour and water are the main ingredients. Tapioca or cornstarch are sometimes added to improve the transparency or increase the gelatinous and chewy texture of the noodles. Rice noodles are most commonly found in East, Southeast, and South Asian cuisines. They come in a variety of
shapes, thicknesses, and textures and can be purchased fresh, frozen, or dried. Fresh noodles are also highly perishable, with a shelf life of only a few days. Rice noodles originated in China during the Qin dynasty, when people from northern China invaded the south.
This is not only easy to make but very delicious when had piping hot. Loved it to the core.
Ingredients for Chicken & Rice Noodles Stir Fry Recipe
Rice vermicelli is a thin noodle made from rice. It is also known as rice noodles & or & rice sticks,& but it should not be confused with cellophane noodles, a different Asian type of vermicelli made from mung bean starch or rice starch rather than rice grains.
The flavour and a spongey texture, depending on the variety. Because of the fungi mildly savoury flavour, it is a popular meat substitute among vegans and
vegetarians. There are various types of mushrooms, and not all of
them have the same earthy, savoury flavour.
Red Chilli flakes
Dry red chilli flakes are a spice made from a mild red pepper in the Capsicum annum family. Depending on the variety of pepper and whether the hotter seeds and spongy tissue are included, the flavour ranges from sweet and mild to hot.
Spring onions are very young onions that have been harvested before the bulb has had a chance to swell. The long, slender green tops and small white bulb are both edible and can be eaten raw or cooked.
Chicken & Rice Noodles Stir Fry Recipe
- Rice Noodles - 100 grams
- Oil - 3 tblspn
- Ginger - 1 tblspn finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 tblspn finely chopped
- Spring onion - 4 chopped finely
- Chicken mince or chopped chicken - 300 grams
- Mushrooms - 1 cup sliced thinly
- Bell Pepper / Capsicum - ½ sliced thinly
- Red Chilli flakes - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 2 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 2 tsp or to taste
- Fish Sauce - 1 tsp
- Egg - 2
- Lemon Juice - 1 tblspn or to taste
- Cook rice noodles as per package directions and drain it, set aside.
- Now heat oil in a pan, saute ginger, garlic and spring onion for a min.
- Add in chicken mince and cook half cooked around 2 mins.
- Now add in mushrooms and bell peppers and saute them well.
- Add in red chilli flakes, salt, sugar, soy sauce, fish sauce and mix well.
- Now add in egg and fry that as well.
- Now add in the cooked noodles, lemon juice toss well.
- Add in spring onions for garnishing and serve hot.