Chinese Pan Fried Fish with Step by Step Pictures. Indo Chinese style fish packed with chinese flavours taste amazing.
Chinese style pan fried fish, a really tasty indo chinese side dish for any indo chinese meals. This goes really well with fried rice, noodles. I made this and served it with my egg fried rice and it was delicious.
The recipe is so easy to make, there are two parts, one frying the fish till crispy and the next is getting the sauce right and mixing it with the fish. I left the fish with its skin and cooked till the skin is so crispy.
About Pan Fried Fish
Stir frying is a Chinese cooking technique that involves frying ingredients in a small amount of very hot oil while stirring or tossing them in a wok. The technique originated in China and has since spread throughout Asia and the Western world. In Western cooking, it is similar to sauteing.
Stir frying and Chinese food have been recommended as both healthy and appealing for their skillful use of vegetables, meats, and fish which are moderate in their fat content and sauces which are not overly rich, provided calories are kept at a reasonable level.
Ingredients for Chinese Pan Fried Fish
Soy Sauce :
Soy sauce is a traditional Chinese condiment that is widely used in East Asia to add flavour to a variety of cooked foods as well as to aid digestion. This sauce is made from fermented soybean paste, roasted grain, brine, and the mould Aspergillus oryzae or Aspergillus sojae.
Vinegars acidity or sourness enhances the flavour of food and adds balance to a rich dish. Salad dressings, marinades, sauces, mayonnaise, and ketchup are all examples of where it can be found. Vinegar has the ability to alter the texture of foods.
Spring Onion :
Spring onions are very young onions that have been harvested before the bulb has had a chance to swell. The long, slender green tops and small white bulb are both edible and can be eaten raw or cooked.
The green chillies in cooked or raw form give a fiery hot flavor. To reduce the fiery hot flavor the seeds and inner membranes could be removed which is effective at reducing the heat of the pod.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chinese Pan Fried Fish Recipe
- Fish - 1 I used one big Paarai fish / Trevally
- Turmeric Powder / Manjal Podi - ½ tsp
- Salt to taste
- Lemon Juice - 1 tblspn
- Oil - ¼ cup for frying
- For Sauce:
- Oil - 2 tblspn
- Ginger - 1 tblspn finely chopped
- Garlic - 1 tblspn finely chopped
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped finely
- Onion - 1 medium size chopped finely
- Chilli Powder - 2 tsp
- Soy Sauce - 1 tsp
- Tomato Ketchup - 3 tblspn
- Vinegar - 1 tsp
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Spring Onion - a handful finely chopped
- Water - ½ cup
- Start by cleaning the fish. Cut the head and tail of the fish, remove the inerts, wash really well. Make deep slashes on both side of the fish. pat the fish completely dry.
- Now mix turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice well. Apply this all over the fish, into the slashes adn inside the fish and leave to marinate for 30 mins
- Heat oil for deep frying or pan frying. Place the fish in the hot oil and cook for 5 mins on both sides till the fish skin is crispy and golden. Remove the fish and set aside.
- Drain the excess oil, leave just 2 tblspn of oil in the pan.
- Add in ginger, garlic, chillies, onions in oil and fry till golden.
- Now add in chilli powder, soy sauce, ketchup. vinegar and mix well. If you want salt you can add at this stage. Cook this till it is well cooked.
- Add water and mix well. bring this to boil. Place the fish in the sauce and coat the fish in the sauce.
- Keep spooning the sauce over the fish. Once the sauce gets dry, add in pepper and spring onions.
- Mix well.Serve hot.
Step by Step Pictures
|mix them well..You can taste this now and if you want to add salt add now. I tasted it and my sauce was perfect, so i didn't add salt in this|