Pan Seared fish with step by step pictures. Delicious fish served with lemon butter sauce which makes a perfect meal.
Ever since i started my continental food series, i have been planning to make a continental style fish platter.. Finally made it a week before for hubby and he enjoyed it to the core. He told me that he loved the crispy fish skin with the lemony creamy sauce and the fish was very moist and flaky. If you serve this along with butter rice and some veggies, i am sure it will be a complete meal.
About Pan Seared Fish
Searing (or pan searing) is a grilling, baking, braising, roasting, sautéing, and other cooking techniques in which the surface of the food (usually meat: beef, poultry, pork, seafood) is cooked at high temperature until a browned crust forms. A well-browned crust usually improves the appearance of the food.
Pan-frying is considered healthier than deep-frying because it uses less oil. Furthermore, choose an oil that is stable at high temperatures and will add healthier fats to your fish.
Ingredients for Pan Seared Fish Fillets
Fish Fillet :
A fish fillet is the flesh of a fish that has been cut or sliced away from the bone by cutting lengthwise along one side of the fish parallel to the backbone. Any scales on the fish should be removed before filleting.
Lemon Juice :
Lemon juice is a common cooking and baking ingredient. It imparts a bright, citrusy flavour to both savoury and sweet dishes. With a low pH, it is one of the most acidic natural ingredients available, providing structure to jams and jellies and aiding in the proper rise of baked goods.
Peppers distinct flavour compliment almost any savoury dish, as well as some sweet dishes. If salt helps to bring out flavours, black pepper makes foods more assertive.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you..
Pan Seared Fish Fillets with Lemon Butter Sauce
- Fish Fillet any white fish - 2 fillet
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 2 tblspn
- Butter - 2 tblspn + 1 tblspn
- Parsley - 2 tblspn finely chopped
- Lemon Juice - 2 tblspn
- Cream - 2 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Take flour in a plate, season with salt and pepper and mix well. Coat the fish in this flour and set aside.
- Heat 2 tblspn butter in a pan, place fish filler skin side down in it. Cook till the skin is crispy, it will take around 2 to 3 mins. Now flip over and cook for another min or so.
- Now remove to a clean serving plate.
- In the same pan, add in 1 tblspn of butter, add parsley and mix well. Add in lemon juice and mix well. Season with salt and pepper and mix well. Add cream and turn off the heat,
- Pour this sauce over the fish and serve immediately.
Pan Seared Fish Step by Step Pictures
|Take your ingredients|