Egg Potato Avial Recipe or Muttai Urulai Avial Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Muttai avial is a delicious side dish for plain rice. This taste amazing with ulundu choru.
This is a common dish in my house. We make it atleast twice a month. It is packed with nutrients and health property. There is two version of this, we make kanji out of this. But i love this saadam more than kanji. The perfect sidedish of this is egg avial, roasted coriander thogayal and paruppu. My absolute favorite. Try it and let me know how it turned out.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Version 1: Egg Potato Avial
1)Heat coconut oil in a kadai
2)Saute for a min
3)Add in potatoes and brinjal
4)Add in turmeric powder
5)Add in salt
7)Cook this for 2 mins
8)Add in little water
9)Cover and cook for 10 mins
10)Take coconut in a blender
11)Add cumin and pepper
12)Add in ginger garlic paste
13)Add in turmeric
14)Add in dry red chillies
15)Add in onions
16)Add little tamarind
17)Grind to a smooth puree
18)Now potatoes are cooked
19)Add ground masala in
21)Add boiled eggs
22)Mix well and simmer for 5 mins
13)Add coconut oil
15)Mix well and serve
Version 2: Mutta Aviyal Recipe
Today’s recipe is gonna be a awesome egg dish. If you want a quick side dish for rice, then I can assure you that this is the answer. Amma make this often when we don’t have any vegetable.
Ingredients for Simple Egg Aviyal
- Eggs – 3 Cooked
- Salt to taste
- Coconut -1 cup
- Onion-1 chopped
- Dry Red Chilli-1
- Pepper – 1 tsp
- Garlic – 6 cloves
- Coconut Oil- 2 tblspn
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku -1 tsp
- Onion-1 chopped finely
- Curry leaves -1 spring
Method for Egg avial
- Cook eggs until hard boiled. Allow it to cool down and peel it. Make some slashes in it so that the flavours go inside the eggs, you could even cut the eggs in half..Set aside for a moment.
- Grind the ingredients given for the masala to a smooth paste by adding some water. Pour that in a kadai and pour some water in.
- Bring this to boil and add cooked and peeled eggs in that. Simmer it for 5 mins.
- Now make seasoning by heating oil in a kadai. Add mustard seeds in oil and allow it to crackle.
- Add onions, curry leaves and cook untill golden brown.
- Pour it over the curry and mix well.
- Serve with rice.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Cook your eggs and makes some slashes in it|
|Take all the grinding ingredients in a blender|
|make it into a smooth paste by adding some water|
|Pour some water in|
|add your cooked eggs|
|and mix well|
|cook for few more minutes..Don't get shocked by the colour, it is because i added some more turmeric powder. I added some water too..|
|Cook until it gets thick..|
|now make seasoning by heating oil and add mustard in|
|and cook until golden|
|pour it in|
|and start mixing|
Egg Avial Recipe | Muttai Aviyal Recipe
- Boiled Eggs - 5
- Potato - 2 peeled and cubed
- Brinjal - 2 cubed
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp + 2 tblsp
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Dry Red Chillies - 4
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Onion - 1 small or use 4 shallots
- Tamarind - 1 small piece
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Grind ingredients given to a smooth paste.
- Now take 1 tblsp oil in a pan, add in onions and saute for a min.
- Add in potatoes, brinjal, salt, turmeric and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add little water and cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the ground masala and mix well.
- Add boiled eggs and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in coconut oil and mix well.