Egg Potato Avial Recipe or Muttai Urulai Avial Recipe with Step by Step Pictures.
Muttai avial is a delicious side dish for plain rice. This taste amazing with ulundu choru.
This is a common dish in my house. We make it atleast twice a month. It is packed with nutrients and health property. There is two version of this, we make kanji out of this. But i love this saadam more than kanji. The perfect sidedish of this is egg avial, roasted coriander thogayal and paruppu. My absolute favorite. Try it and let me know how it turned out.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Boiled Eggs - 5
- Potato - 2 peeled and cubed
- Brinjal - 2 cubed
- Coconut Oil - 1 tblsp + 2 tblsp
- Onion - 1 sliced
- Salt to taste
- Turmeric powder - 1 tsp
- Coconut - 1 cup grated
- Dry Red Chillies - 4
- Cumin Seeds / Jeerakam - 1 tsp
- Black Pepper - 1 tsp
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1 tblsp
- Onion - 1 small or use 4 shallots
- Tamarind - 1 small piece
- Turmeric Powder - 1 tsp
- Grind ingredients given to a smooth paste.
- Now take 1 tblsp oil in a pan, add in onions and saute for a min.
- Add in potatoes, brinjal, salt, turmeric and stir fry for 2 mins.
- Add little water and cover and cook for 10 mins.
- Add the ground masala and mix well.
- Add boiled eggs and simmer for 5 mins.
- Add in coconut oil and mix well.
1)Heat coconut oil in a kadai
2)Saute for a min
3)Add in potatoes and brinjal
4)Add in turmeric powder
5)Add in salt
7)Cook this for 2 mins
8)Add in little water
9)Cover and cook for 10 mins
10)Take coconut in a blender
11)Add cumin and pepper
12)Add in ginger garlic paste
13)Add in turmeric
14)Add in dry red chillies
15)Add in onions
16)Add little tamarind
17)Grind to a smooth puree
18)Now potatoes are cooked
19)Add ground masala in
21)Add boiled eggs
22)Mix well and simmer for 5 mins
13)Add coconut oil
15)Mix well and serve