Fruit Sandwich Recipe with Step by Step pictures. Fresh summer fruit sandwich made with fresh fruits, mixed fruit jam and bread slices.
Summer Fruit Sandwich Recipe
Fruit sandwich is very new to me. I have never thought about this untill it came in my instagram news feed. I was so inspired by the recipe so i made it immediately the next day. To my surprise it turned out super yummy and delicious.
About Fruit Sandwich Recipe
Fruit sandwich is made with bread slices (preferably white bread), fruit jam and fresh fruits. Whipped cream is used in fruit sandwiches, but i prefer my fruit sandwich to be made without cream.
You can use any fruits as you prefer, mainly soft fruits are perfect for this sandwich. You can use bananas, strawberries, grapes. Try to avoid watery fruits like watermelon, oranges & pineapple which will make your bread soggy.
I used soft white sandwich bread which was soft. You can use brown bread, whole wheat bread or any bread as you like. But i like using white bread since it is soft. Also you can cut it into small bite size pieces when putting in your kids lunch box. This is a great after school snack idea for your kids.
Ingredients for Fruit Sandwich
Soft fruits which are not that watery is used in this sandwich. Using water fruits like melon, watermelon may make the sandwich soggy. I prefer to use papaya, strawberry, mangoes, banana and kiwi.
Try to use the best bread possible. Freshly baked bread which is on the peak of their freshness is preferred. Soft white bread is ideal choice.
Any flavoured fruit jam can be used in this sandwich. I prefer to use mixed fruit jam, but you can use strawberry jam too.
Thickly whipped cream can be added over bread slices for taste.
Variations in Fruit Sandwich
- Tropical Fruit Sandwich: Slice the fruits and add them to the sandwich along with a layer of coconut yogurt or cream cheese. You can also sprinkle some toasted coconut flakes for extra flavor.
- Berry and Cream Cheese Sandwich: Spread a generous layer of cream cheese on the bread and top it with a mix of fresh berries such as strawberries, blueberries, raspberries, or blackberries.
- Peanut Butter and Banana Wrap: Instead of using bread, use tortilla. Spread your favorite nut butter like peanut or almond butter on the wrap, place sliced bananas on top.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Fruit Sandwich Recipe
- 3 Bread Slices
- 1 Mangoes peeled & sliced
- ½ cup Papaya peeled & sliced
- 2 tbsp Mixed Fruit Jam
- Take bread slices, apply jam on top of it.
- Place papaya on it, now top with another bread, top with more jam and spread it.
- Now top with mangoes and top with another bread.
- Remove the crust off.
- Cut into diagnols and serve.
Fruit Sandwich Recipe with Step by Step pictures
1)Take all your ingredients, i have sliced half a ripe mango and ripe papaya into thin slices.
2)Take a bread slice, i am using white sandwich bread. You can use whole wheat bread as well.
3)Spoon some jam, i am using mixed fruit jam. You can use any jam as you like.
5)Arrange papaya slices on top of the bread.
6)Cover with another slice of bread and press gently so the fruit stick to the bread
7)Top with more jam.
8)Spread jam evenly again.
9)Top with mango slices. You can use strawberries, bananas too.
10)Cover with another slice of bread. Press gently so it sticks together.
11)Remove the crust.
12)Cut and serve. This will make sure, that kids can eat this without making a mess.
13)Serve or put in your kids lunch box.