Vegetarian meatballs Recipe with step by step pictures. Spicy flavourful veg balls recipe made with raw plantain, spices which taste amazing.
Veg Balls Recipe
As soon as I watched this recipe in one of my favourite cooking show vahrehvah.com, I was really tempted to try it as soon as possible. I love anything which calls for garlic and freshly ground black pepper, These both gives an awesome flavour to the dishes which you make.
This is perfect as an appetizer or you could have it as a side dish for rice or roti, either way it is perfect.This is best had piping hot right from the stove. You could have it on a cold day so that it keeps you warm for a while.
I cooked this vegetable balls in the tawa which is really easy and quick to make. You could bake this is the oven as well..If you going to try it, First preheat the oven to 180°C and bake this for 30-35 mins until light golden and well seared.Then you can use it as mentioned.. I hope you are ready to give this a try and let me know how it turned out.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
Follow me on Instagram, Facebook,Pinterest ,Youtube and Twitter for more Yummy Tummy inspiration.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Vegetarian Meatballs Recipe | Veg Balls Recipe
For Vegetable Balls:
- 2 Raw Plantain steamed
- 1 Onion chopped finely
- ½ cup Pumpkin grated
- ½ cup Cabbage grated
- 1 tsp Chilli Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1+1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 3 tbsp Onion chopped finely
- 3 tbsp Garlic chopped finely
- 1 tsp Black Pepper coarsely powdered
- 1 Green Chilli chopped finely
- 1 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Coriander leaves for garnishing
- Take your raw banana in a steamer and steam it for 15-20 mins untill cooked. To check whether it is cooked just insert a knife and see, if the knife goes in easily the banana is cooked.Take it out and allow it to cool down.Now peel the skin off and grate it. Set aside for a moment.
- Heat 1 tblspn oil in a kadai..Add in cumin seeds and allow it to splatter. Now add in onions and salt and cook till it gets golden.
- Now add in pumpkin and cabbage and mix well.Cook everything for 5 mins untill the water evaporates and everything gets cooked.
- Add in all dry spice powders and mix well. Add in cilantro and mix well. This is your masala.
- Take cooked grated plantain in a mixing bowl and add this prepared masala in that and mix well.
- Form small lime size balls out of it and set it aside.
- Now heat 1 tblspn of oil in a frying pan and add these balls in it and fry on all sides for 10-15 mins till they turn golden brown. Remove this and set aside.
- Now make the seasoning for this. Heat 1 tblspn oil and add in garlic and green chillies and fry for a min.
- Add in curry leaves and onions and mix well.Season with salt and mix well.
- Now add the fried balls in this and toss well.
- Add soy sauce, pepper and cilantro to this and mix well.
- Serve hot as appetizer.
Vegetarian Meatballs Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all ur ingredients|
|heat oil and crackle in cumin seeds|
|add in onions|
|and some salt|
|cook everything till it turns light golden|
|add in cabbage and pumpkin|
|and mix well|
|cook everything till it turns golden|
|add in spice powders|
|and mix well|
|and mix well...This is your masala..Allow it to cool a bit..|
|steam your plantain for 15 mins and allow it to cool down|
|peel the skins off|
|and grate it|
|take in a bowl|
|add the masala in|
|and mix well|
|make small balls out of it|
|now fry this in a tblspn of oil|
|toss well so that it gets fried on all sides|
|make seasoning by heating oil|
|add in garlic and chillies|
|add in curry leaves|
|season with some salt|
|and mix well|
|cook everything for few mins|
|add the balls in|
|and your soy sauce|
|and mix well|
nice one 🙂
very delicious starter....wish i could grab that plate 🙂
Que originales son para mi tus albóndigas. Seguro que me van a encantar. Adoro tantas especias mezcladas. un sabor delicioso. Besos
Hummm...estas bolinhas abriram-me o apetite, ficaram deliciosas!
Looks absolutely perfect and delicious.. awesome job dear !!
Very tasty and healthy. I love the use of raw banana. Thnaks.
Wow...ur blogging spirits r really infectious...I am addicted to ur blog..Cant miss reading ur post daily...Great recipe on pepper veggie balls..
Wow thats a super yummy snack , i'm trying it soon. Bookmarked this recipe
Healthy dish .Everybody love this dish.I really love it.
This looks good. I am bookmarking this. It works well for me when arranging party.
nice and yummy.....
SYF&HWS - Cook With SPICES" Series - CARDAMOM (Dec 5th to Jan 5th)
100 Friends/Followers & GIVEAWAY
Very nice appetizer balls....Love the way you made them without deep frying. ...yummy!
I too tried this from Vahchef recipes..it turned out well..Your picture tempt me to try it again..Delicious:)
Impressive recipe Dear.A delish appetizer indeed.
yummm! the balls came out so perfect.. i love garlicky balls!
Perfect and delicious appetizer, will surely try this
wow!!!looks so delicious and tempting,drooling here....
I always tell you that I like cooking and I have conquered this recipe. What good! I have to do it.
Food, Fun and Life in the Charente
They look and sound delicious but I am not sure that I would have to patience to do all that preparation. Diane
Woww....These look so yummy and since they are loaded with veggies,they are totally healthy too..Very beautiful step-wise explanation and pictures..
Kitchen - The Chef's Paradise
Looks mouthwatering & spicy!! mm..yum..yum 🙂
awesome recipe..Thanks for sharing..
This is an interesting recipe Aarthi..thanks for sharing this..sounds so good.
wowie!!!!! this is fantastic! I hate plantain curry, but I'm sure disguised in this form, I'd love it! Slurp!
Jingle All The Way &
Microwave Easy Cooking
Sounds new to me..loved the ingredients you added 🙂
The veg balls looks so mouth-watering and tasty:)
Priya's Feast..Thank you so much dear..
Looks perfect and delicious..love garlicky taste.....
wow... looks yummmy.....
nice veg balls.. its always good to try with some local veggies than english veggies we shd never forget them.. good one dear..
Nice recipe....looks yummy and tempting.
very good recipe.
u r in invited to participate in my blog's first ongoing event.do read the terms and participate for sure.
Awesome veggie balls..........
Only Fish Recipes
wow....lovely veggie balls dear...a wonderful starter for any parties 🙂
Very innovative recipe...sounds tasty
looks mouthwatering dear!!
delicious..its a must try recepie...thanks for sharing
Great tasty recipe. I'll make it one day, when I have time to play in the kitchen.
Yummy nicely prepared.