Stuffed Poori Recipe with step by step pictures. Potato Stuffed inside poori and fried till crispy. This is perfect to put in kids lunch box.
This recipe is great to put in lunch box for kids. Usually poori’s tend to go hard when it gets cooled. Since this is stuffed with masala it stays soft for long time. So it is great as a lunch box menu. I stuffed it with a spicy tangy potato masala, which is my favourite. You can substitute with your favourite filling. You could use chicken, fish or mixed vegetable filling too.
Don’t need any side dish for this. If you want you could have some vegetables or raita in the side..Hope you like it and let me know how it came out.
Stuffed Poori Recipe | Stuffed Potato Poori Recipe
- 2 cups Wheat Flour
- 1 tsp Salt
- Water as needed
For Potato Masala :
- 2 Onion chopped finely
- 1 Tomato chopped finely
- 3 Potato cooked and mashed
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 2 tsp Chilli powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tbsp Oil + for deep frying
- Salt to taste
- Start by making the filling. Heat oil in a kadai and add cumin seeds and let it crackle.
- Add onions and sauté for 5 mins. Add some salt, turmeric powder and chilli powder and mix well.
- Add in tomatoes and mix well.Cook for 5 mins until it turn mushy.
- Now add in the cooked potatoes and mix well.Remove it and allow it to cool completely.
- Take wheat flour, salt in a bowl and mix well. Pour water gradually and make into a stiff dough. Let it rest for 5 mins.
- Divide the dough into equal portions. Take two balls from it and roll into round pooris.
- Add a spoonful of filling in the middle of one of the rolled poori and apply some water around the edges and seal it with another poori. Now take a lid of a steel jar and cut the poori so that you get a perfect round poori and this will puff up beautifully.
- Now heat oil for deep frying and fry this poori on both sides till golden brown. Remove into a paper towel.
- Serve hot as it is or put in lunch box.
Stuffed Poori Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Heat oil and add cumin seeds in|
|add some salt|
|chilli and turmeric powder|
|add in tomatoes|
|and mix well|
|cook till it gets mushy|
|add in mashed potatoes|
|and mix well|
|allow it to cool down|
|now take wheat flour and salt in a bowl|
|add water and mix well|
|form into a stiff dough|
|divide into equal portions|
|take two balls|
|spoon filling into one rolled poori|
|cover with the other one|
|seal it well|
|take a steel lid or any cutter and cut of the edges|
|heat oil for deep frying|
|drop one poori in|
|flip it over|
|cook till golden brown on both sides|
|looks so crispy right|