Murungai Keerai Thoran Recipe with Step by Step Pictures. Drumstick Leaves Thoran Recipe is made with drumstick leaves and coconut. Iron rich dish good for kids.
Awesome dish which travels straight from the region of Kerala into my kitchen. This dish has its unique flavour and taste to it. If you want to make this dish you need some preparation work to go on. First you should remove all the leaves from the branch, yes it need some patience and time. Then wash it well so that there is now yucky things on the leavesAfter all this you can get ready for the cooking. I have my lovable mom who made all these hard work and gave me those awesome leaves to cook. Lucky me.
About Drumstick Leaves Thoran Recipe
When we were kids Amma makes this for us often, since we had a drumstick tree in front of our house..She make this thoran and put it over hot steaming rice which came right from the cooker along with some homemade ghee drizzled on top. YUM YUM. It tasted like heaven..
Last week I made this thoran along with Brinjal pulikulambu and Sepankilangu roast masala( recipe soon)..And it was a perfect lunch for us..Hope you like this recipe and let me know how it turned out.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
📖 Recipe Card
Murungai Keerai Thoran Recipe | Drumstick Leaves Thoran Recipe
- 4 cups Drumstick Leaves
- 10 Sambar Onions | Shallots sliced finely
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tbsp Coconut Oil
- 1 sprig Curry leaves
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup Coconut
- 2 Dry Red Chilli
- 5 Garlic
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 3 Sambar Onion | Shallots
- Grind all the ingredients given for grinding to a slightly coarse paste without adding any water.Set this aside for a moment.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Add in mustard seeds, shallots, curry leaves and fry for 1 min.
- Now add in drumstick leaves and sauté for 10 mins.Season with salt and mix well.
- Now add the pureed coconut mixture to this and mix everything together.
- Let it simmer for 5-10 mins while you stir in between. Let the flavours get all merged together.
- Now remove it from heat and serve with rice..
Murungai Keerai Thoran Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take all your ingredients|
|Drumstick leaves all prepared and ready to go|
|take your masala ingredients in a blender|
|crush it into a rough puree|
|heat oil in a kadai|
|add mustard seeds|
|add curry leaves in|
|now add shallots|
|fry for few minutes|
|add drumstick leaves in|
|and saute for few minutes|
|add salt in this|
|and mix well|
|cook this for few more minutes until you gets a lovely aroma|
|add the coconut masala in|
|and cook for few more minutes|