Green Peas Masala Recipe – Peas Masala Recipe with step wise pictures.
Easy to make and very delicious green peas masala which has very basic spices and masala. This goes great with paratha, roti, naan or even pulao.
Quick and easy peas sabzi or peas masala which taste super delicious. This goes great with roti or pulao.
I made this yesterday as a part of my thali recipe. Everyone loved it so much more than anything else. Not only it tasted amazing but it is very easy to make and needs just few ingredients. I have one more version of this recipe which has coconut added in them, will share that version soon.
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Green Peas - 2 cups
- Oil - 2 tblsp
- Fennel Seeds / Saunf / Sombu - 1 tsp
- Cinnamon / Pattai - 1 piece
- Onion - 1 large chopped finely
- Green Chillies - 1 chopped
- Tomato - 3 chopped
- Cashews - 10
- Kashmiri Chilli Powder - 1.5 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Garam Masala Powder - 2 tsp
- Yogurt / Curd - ¼ cup
- Salt to taste
- Sugar - 1 tsp
- Grind tomatoes, cashews, chilli powder, turmeric powder, garam masala powder and yogurt to a smooth paste.Set aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel and cinnamon. Let them sizzle.
- Add in onions, green chillies and saute till golden.
- Add tomato puree, salt and sugar and cook till oil separates.
- Add green peas, water and cook for 4 to 5 mins on low heat.
1)Take tomatoes in a blender
3)Grind till smooth
4)Add chilli, turmeric and garam masala powder
5)Add in yogurt
6)Grind till smooth
7)Heat oil in a pan, add cinnamon and fennel seeds
8)Add in chopped onions and green chillies
9)Cook till golden brown
10)Add ground masala
14)Cook till oil separates
15)Add green peas
16)Add enough water
17)Cook till oil separates