Last Updated on September 8, 2021
Whenever i share indo-chinese recipes which calls for green chilli sauce or red chilli sauce. I get comments from viewers asking me to share those sauces recipe. So here i am with my first post, a very easy and tasty green chilli sauce. It is really really addictive, way better than store bought ones.
About Green chilli sauce
Fiery green chilli sauce made using fresh green chillies, onions, garlic, vinegar, sugar which makes a perfect sweet, tangy and spicy balanced sauce. This sauce is perfect to use as dipping sauce or as a main condiment sauce in chinese dishes. You can add this in noodles,fried rice and stir friesto add spicy kick
Frequently Asked Questions FAQ
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Green Chilli Sauce
- 30 Green Chillies
- 1 medium Onion
- 8 cloves Garlic
- 1½ cup Water
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- 4 tbsp Vinegar
- 1 tsp Oil
- Heat 1 tsp oil in a pan, add in onions, chillies and garlic. Saute them for couple of mins.
- Add in salt, sugar and water, cover and cook this for 15 mins.
- Now let the mix cool down.
- Take it in a blender and add in vinegar, puree smoothly.
- Pour this in a air tight container and keep in fridge.
- This can be stored for over a month in fridge
Tips & Tricks
- You can adjust the chilli as per your requirement. If you chillies are too spicy, reduce the quantity.
- You can use fresh red chillies instead of green chillies
- Spring onions white part can be added instead of onions.
- You can add more garlic if you like your sauce to be more pungent.
- Add in lemon juice for more freshness.
- Store this sauce in a clean dry glass jar in fridge.
- You can store this in fridge for more than 2 months.
- Always cool the sauce before storing.
- Use clean dry spoon when handling the sauces.
- Store sauce under refrigeration.
Chilli Sauce Recipe Step by Step Pictures
|Take your ingredients..Very basic ingredients..So easy|
|Take your green chillies|
|remove the stem|
|chop into rough pieces|
|Chop up some onions and garlic|
|Heat a tsp of oil in a pan|
|Add in onion, garlic and chillies|
|saute them for 2 mins|
|Add in sugar|
|Pour in water|
|cover and cook for 15 mins|
|Now everything is cooked and water is mostly evaporated|
|let the mix cool, take this in a blender|
|add in vinegar|
|make it into a puree|
|I left my sauce little chunky..|
|You can have it as dipping sauces or as the sauce
to cook your chinese foods..