I love scotch eggs, i have tasted it in few restaurants here and i dont why i didn’t share this simple recipe in my blog till now..Finally i made it and sharing it..This is a indian style recipe, i added onions, chillies, coriander leaves and few spices into the meat and wrapped it around the egg and deep fried..It was delicious..
Bread Beetroot Balls
Potato Cheese Balls
Bread Cheese Rolls
Stuffed Potato Rolls
Potato Bread Balls
- Minced Mutton or Lamb - 250 grams
- Egg - 3 to 4
- Onion - 3 tblspn finely chopped
- Green Chillies - 2 to 3 finely chopped
- Coriander leaves - 3 tblspn finely chopped
- Garam Masala Powder - 1 tsp
- Cumin Powder - 1 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Ginger Garlic Paste - 1/2 tsp
- Breadcrumbs - 2 tblspn + 1 cup
- All Purpose Flour / Maida - 1/2 cup
- Oil for deep frying
- Take eggs in a bowl, cover it with water. Bring it to boil, simmer it for 4 mins. Turn off the heat and let it stay for 5 mins. Drain and run cold water over it. Peel off the shell and set aside.
- Take meat, onion, chilli, coriander leaves, salt, garam masala powder, cumin powder, ginger garlic paste, 2 tblspn of breadcrumbs and mix well.
- Spread plastic wrap on the counter, take small portion of the meat and flatten it lightly. Place a egg over it, wrap the mutton mince over the eggs with a help of plastic wrap. Seal it well.
- Now you can chill this for 15 mins.
- Take flour in a bowl and add little water to make a paste. Take breadcrumbs in another bowl.
- Take the egg and dip it in the flour mix. Roll it in breadcrumbs.
- Chill this for 15 mins before frying.
- Deep fry it in oil till golden.
- Drain and serve.
|Take all your ingredients|
|Start by cooking eggs, never cook more than 4 mins|
|peel off the skin and set aside|
|Take your minced mutton or lamb|
|add in garam masala powder and salt|
|in goes cumin powder|
|add in little ginger garlic paste|
|add in finely chopped onions, chillies and coriander leaves|
|add in little breadcrumbs|
|spread a plastic wrap in the table|
|place some mix over it, and flatten it|
|place a egg over it|
|use the help of plastic wrap and gently cover the egg|
|just like this|
|the plastic wrap will come handy|
|look perfectly sealed egg|
|You can chill them for 15 mins|
|take flour in a bowl|
|add water to make a paste|
|take breadcrumbs in another bowl|
|take the scotch egg|
|dip it in the batter|
|drop it in breadcrumbs, i used homemade|
|coat it well|
|remove it..You can chill this for 30 mins|
|now deep fry them|
|fry till golden|