Jambakka Achar Recipe – Rose Apple Pickle Recipe with step wise pictures.
Delicious spicy and sweet rose apple or jambakka pickle which taste so yummy with some curd rice or any kuzhambu. This is easy and fast pickle you could ever make.
I love making pickles, because they transform any simple meal into a tasty one. Whenever i dont have time to make lunch, i used to have a pile of rice, curd and pickles..YUM YUM..
Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
- Jambakka / Rose Apple - 250 grams
- Salt - 1 tblsp
- Red Chilli Powder - 1 tblsp
- Turmeric Powder - ½ tsp
- Gingelly Oil - 2 tblsp
- Mustard Seeds / Kaduku - ½ tsp
- Asafoetida / Hing / Kaya Podi a pinch
- Vinegar - 2 tblsp
- Take jambakka and wash well. Pat them dry. Cut them into small pieces.
- Take it in a bowl, add salt, chilli powder, turmeric powder and mix well.
- Heat oil in a pan, add mustard and asafoetida. Let them sizzle.
- Add jambakka and mix well. Cook for 45 sec to 1 min.
- Take it off the heat and cool it down.
- Add vinegar and mix well.
- Store in a air tight container in fridge for a month.
1)Take rose apple and wash well.
2)Dry them completely
3)Take them in a cutting board
4)Cut them into small pieces and take it in a bowl.
6)Add chilli powder
7)Add turmeric powder
9)Heat oil in a pan.
10)Add in mustard seeds
11)Add some asafoetida
12)Let them sizzle.
13)Add the chopped rose apple.
15)Take it off the heat and cool it down.
16)Once it is cooled. Add in vinegar