Delicious chicken with mustard cream sauce served with mashed potatoes and buttered vegetables.
I get many mails from my viewers asking me to share continental food recipes like you get in a restaurant. Frankly i love continental foods, but i have never tried making it at home. Finally after my trip to coorg, i enjoyed lots of continental foods and i got the confident to try it at home.
About Chicken with Mustard cream sauce
Mashed potatoes are made by mashing boiled potatoes with milk, butter, salt, and pepper. It's usually served as a side dish with meat or vegetables. Smashed potatoes refer to potatoes that have only been roughly mashed. There are both dehydrated instant mashed potatoes and frozen mashed potatoes available. Mashed potatoes
are used in a variety of other dishes, including dumplings and gnocchi.
Antoine-Augustin Parmentier, a French army pharmacist, was captured by Prussian soldiers during the Seven Years War in the mid- 1700s. As a prisoner of war, he was forced to subsist on potato rations. In mid-eighteenth-century France, this would have qualified as cruel and unusual punishment: potatoes were thought to be feed
for livestock and were thought to cause leprosy in humans. The fear was so widespread that the French passed legislation prohibiting them in 1748.
However, as Parmentier discovered in prison, potatoes were not lethal. They were, in fact, quite tasty. Following his release at the end of the war, the pharmacist began to preach the benefits of the tuber to his countrymen. He did this in a variety of ways, including demonstrations.
The chicken in this is juicy and moist and when topped with that creamy mustard sauce is just yum..instead of cream in the sauce, i used milk and it turned out just great. Hope you will give this a try and let me know how it turns out for you.
Similar Continental Recipes,
Continental Baked Fish
Ingredients for Chicken With Mustard Cream Sauce
White Pepper Powder :
White pepper powder is frequently described as having a musty, grassy, or slightly fermented flavour. It is generally considered milder than black pepper, though some claim to prefer its heat, and others describe ginger notes.
Nutmeg Powder :
Nutmeg is a popular spice that is available in both ground and whole form. It is known for its warm, nutty flavour, which makes it the ideal addition to comforting sweet and savoury dishes. When nutmeg spice is ground, it takes on a warm and aromatic flavour with clove notes.
Mustard Sauce :
Bitterness is produced as a byproduct of the mustard reaction, but it fades after a day or so. Pure mustards can be stored at room temperature, but mustards containing other ingredients, such as the Roman nut mustard I mentioned earlier, should be kept in the refrigerator.
If you have any questions not covered in this post and if you need help, leave me a comment or mail me @[email protected] and I’ll help as soon as I can.
IF YOU MAKE THIS RECIPE OR ANYTHING FROM YUMMY TUMMY, MAKE SURE TO POST IT AND TAG ME SO I CAN SEE ALL OF YOUR CREATIONS!! #YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI AND @YUMMYTUMMYAARTHI ON INSTAGRAM!
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce
- For Mashed Potatoes:
- Potatoes - 2 large
- Milk - 1 cup or as needed
- Butter - 3 tblspn
- Salt to taste
- White Pepper Powder to taste
- Nutmeg Powder - a pinch
- For Chicken:
- Boneless Chicken Breast - 2
- Oil - 2 tblspn
- Butter - 1 tblspn
- Garlic - 2 cloves chopped finely
- Cream - ½ cup
- Mustard Sauce - 2 tsp
- White Wine or Water - 1 cup
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- Parsley - 2 tblspn finely chopped
- For Buttered Veggies:
- Carrot - 1 large cut into rounds
- Beans - 10 cut into long pieces
- Butter - 1 tsp
- First lets make the mashed potatoes. Peel potatoes, chop them up and take them in a sauce pan, cover with water and season with salt. Cook them till it is completely done. Now strain them and add it to the same pan, now mash it well and add in butter, milk, salt and pepper to taste and some nutmeg. Fold it gently till it is smooth. Set aside.
- For the veggies, boil carrots and beans in some salted water for 4 to 5 mins. Now strain it and toss it with a tab of butter. Set aside.
- Now slice the chicken breast in half in the middle and season it with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a pan, add in chicken breast and cook for 3 to 4 mins on a medium high heat. Remove this to a plate and keep it warm.
- In the same pan, add in some butter and add in garlic and fry for a min.
- Now add in white wine or water and deglaze the pan. Add in mustard and mix well.
- Now add in cream, salt and pepper and mix well. Place the chicken over the sauce and simmer for a min.
- Now plate the dish, spoon some mashed potatoes in a plate, place couple of chicken breast and spoon the sauce over, and place some veggies.
- Serve immediately.
Chicken with Mustard Cream Sauce Recipe